my friend cheated me

two month before my friend borrowed 15000rs ($300) from me. he had given a bank check leaf as a security. the check leaf is blank. he is not paying the money back. so i just verifyied about the check leaf which he had given. i was shocked to heard about it as his signature in the check leaf is wrong. i asked to hm. but he is trying to cheat me. what will i do. pls help
@ravisivan (14053)
sooraj: I suggest you deposit the cheque for collection. After it is returned --you have to issue a legal notice giving him 15 days time to pay the money. In spite of that if he is not going to pay then you file a criminal complaint under Sec.138 A of N I T Act.-- Non honouring of a cheque is a criminal offence and punishable. all this will take more time and again more money--you will spend minimum 5000+ for this. no advocate will handle the case free. best option is to approach through his friends, employers, or relatives for payment.
hai uncle . i thought u were angry on me. anyway what i am asking is the signature in the cheque leaf he had gven is wrong. i showed it to manager. he said the signature is not matching. so can i move legaly.
@ravisivan (14053)
sooraj: If the signature is wrong -- then you may not be able to proceed legally. However legal options are cumbersome and the best option will be to move through a person who can influence him. Sooraj: Why should I be angry on you? send PM, if necessary. I have no grievance against you and on the contrary I am empathising you fully. good day.
@ravisivan (14053)
sooraj: thanks for selecting my response as best response. Whatever I write is based on experience as a banker, as an individual, as a bank manager, as a teacher. good day.
@sajeevking (5080)
• Mumbai, India
Don't trust anyone
Small small amounts are bearable if lost. But the amount I had given is very big for me. The interest amount which I am geting is a small income for me
Live and learn. A good friend does NOT ask to borrow money. If you loan money to someone in the future get everything in writing to protect yourself. Make sure they know it's a loan and not a gift. Whenever you loan money to someone you might have to sue them to get it back. Now that you know that this friend is not trustworthy it's important to warn others about the dishonest way that they do things.
Actually I cat agrre with you. Because u said that a good friend. Never borrow money. That's totally rubbish.
Hi friend, sorry to hear about this. Your friend is a fake person and cheated you, surely he must answer to god. IT is really hard to get money back from this kind of persons. Trust god and give the responsibility to him, surely he will help you to get your money back, if your trust with god is real and the truth is in your side. Previously i too faced this issue. My business partner cheated me for around 2 lakhs and i am very much depressed with it, my wife encouraged me and give her jewels to start my business again. She is a great believer of god, with her great belief and fasting activities, my business partner realized his mistake and provide my money back. As he told that he had recurring dream of some bad things and went to an astrologer to ask the reason for it and the astrologer told him that his cheating activity made him to get this kind of dreams, he realized his fault and provide my money back. So trust with God, he will help you
@shibham (17022)
Hi sooraj... Well, i have my own name and account no. on my check book. I do hope he has also the same. If yes, then go to media and make a news on it, so that he can get ashamed for his forgery. If you go through court or lawyer, then you have to spend more money than check, so i think this is the best way to treat him but equally you will lose your money. have a nice time.
@chicgale (2982)
Sorry to hear about it. I had a friend who used me also, but right now I have learned from it. try to confront your friend. Your friend is not a good friend.