She is depressed

My girl friend just called me. She is turning 45 next week and she said she is so depressed and can't get out of bed to go to the gym. She said she is tooclose to becoming 50 years old. I told her to be blessed that she is alive. She also said she is happy that I am moving walking distance to her house.so,the day I move in she will be planning the visti because on the second day it will be her birthday. so,she wants to come help me unpack the boxes. I felt likethis when I turned 30 years old. But,in sept I will be turning 43 and Iam on cloud nine already. Iknow far too many people whopassed tis yearandI am happy to bespending another year with family and friends. She also had a brest reduction and she has something growing in her stomach and when it is removed it will make her breast bigger. So,sheis scared to have this removed but,the doctors say she can't wait much longer. I felt like crying but,would never make her cry like that. she is a really good friend of mine.
@Cherish14 (2695)
hey there, i am 25...will be turning 26 next week but there are times i feel so depressed that i am already 26 and still i don't feel any satisfaction in my life. i look for a lot of things because i feel so incomplete and so unhappy. but then i guess, that really happens to people in some point of our lives. we just have to keep telling ourselves that there is always that light at the end of the tunnel. and of course we also need friends and people to encourage us and make us strong. i hope she feels better now. God bless us all
@nixxx05 (311)
Hi Cherish, yes totally agree with you. We need to enjoy life and not worry getting older and older as long as you have your family friends or loved ones that you treasure. Spend a of of time with them and make most of it. :)
@Cherish14 (2695)
yeah the fact that we can not control aging sucks haha. yeah i guess we just have to live our lives to the fullest. i can't do that right now though. i am stuck here in the house, on leave from work. i love my job but sometimes i get so discouraged because i don't get paid because i do volunteer work. i mean it is great to help people but i am not gonna deny the fact that we also have to be practical and save for our future. i hope i get a better job soon.
@nixxx05 (311)
You can find job soon! just be patient. just enjoy your day,take your time to rest well and relax. Have a good DAY then... :)
Assure her my friend, that nowadays operation of whatever disease we have is painless. There's really nothing to worry about. Or maybe because she may be afraid of the expenses with regards to the operation?
She has full insurance tohandle the bills. She just feels over whelmed.
Maybe she's feeling how it is getting older. That's what i felt too the past days when we had our annual physical check-up. It was discovered in one of the ultrasounds that i have some small stones in my kidney and have been prescribed medicine to dissolve and prevent them from recurring. Then, lately, i felt some pain in my left arm . Although, i have my health card for all of them i felt bad. These things made me feel sad that i am really old already.
@nixxx05 (311)
Cheer Up your friend! She is not too old. Help her to enjoy life. We only live once so live your life to the fullest. Enjoy every moment of it. It is not end of her age so get up and enjoy! :) Take your friend somewhere that both of you will enjoy. Surprise her and make her birthday a memorable one. Have a nice day! Good Luck!
I m going to seeabout taking her to the china buffet to eat lunch with us. hopefully she will like that as well.
@nixxx05 (311)
That's Good! :) Enjoy and Enjoy! Make her smile and laugh for her day! Good Luck!
@Jshean20 (14374)
I bet it'll be really helpful for her to have a good friend living within walking distance from her, I'm sorry to hear that she's going through hard times. Hopefully you two can do some fun things together to try to keep her as positive as possible.
we night have to go out for thattohappen. she really loves togo out dancing while I like to stay at home and type
@Raine38 (9029)
I'm turning 30 next year and honestly i don't know where my fear of aging is coming from. With my genes and race, people say I look too young for my age. Imagine my horror when I saw two gray hairs on my jet black hair. I can't get over it. I am married and were still trying to have a baby. But I am now slowly accepting it. Im not like other women I know who purposely make their ages 3-5 years younger than it truly is. I hope by next year, I will finally come into terms that we can't control aging, but we can control how we age.
I know how that is because I was that way at 30. I fell in a deep depression because I thought 30 was old. Now,Iam turning 43 nd still look like Iam in high school so I am happy as ever...
@kingparker (9698)
It is human nature, we all gonna age, no matter what. I wish there is something that could stop us from getting old, but that is unnatural, and that is not real. I am already 34, and I hate to be old too as matter of fact. I couldn't accept it, but I have go through it no matter what. Maybe that is blessing, and maybe that is part of our life. Tell you what, what scare me the most, I am afraid to die alone. I am still single, I really want to find a perfect one for me to get married.
@sender621 (14956)
Age is simply just a state of mind. We are only as 9old or as young as we feel inside. Do what you can to get your friend out of her depression. 50 is not the end of the orld or of life. Try to get her involved in some nre things thst wll get ger mind flowing in a new direction. She will see things in a new light and age won;t have to be such a factor.
Her mother is also coming from florida because her father is sick again..
Birthdays can be a really stressful time, especially when there are other things going on like your friend's need to undergo surgery. Hopefully, she will enjoy her birthday--maybe go out for dinner after helping to unpack.
I am going to ask adrain if he can take us to the buffet for lunch that day and we can unpack at a later time. I waited all this time I can wait longer. that is a great idea. thanks
@Loverbear (4928)
I am kind of going through this with my up coming birthday. I think a lot of the upset about getting older comes from the stress of physical ailments. Each day I lay in bed for a few minutes and think of several reasons for getting up. Fortunately I have seven reasons for getting up in the morning. They are Willy, Khuay, Murphy, Little Bit, C.D. and Abby. Of course you have to add Ralphie and Harpo the feral cats. It is wonderful that she is going to have you close to her. It will help her to get through this rough time in her life, and it will also help you to focus on someone outside of your family.
I look forward to spending time with her as well. she was the one friend I could not wait to live near. I have my neighbor and she will always be there. but,these are people I grew up with an have not been able to see being I moved so far from them.
You are really a good friend to be there for her as she is going through a hard time in her life. I know that getting older can be something that is quite depressing for us, but it is also something that we can all deal with if we only realize that age is just a number and we really are only as old as we act or feel like we are. This is something that I learned not too long ago. You know, I was thinking that I was getting old, but then I realized that I still have a lot of energy and I have my two children that will help to keep me young.
@Raine38 (9029)
I am turning 30 next year and honestly I do not know where my fear of aging is coming from. With my genes and race, people say I look too young for my age yet I'm still kinda insecure. Imagine my horror when I found two gray hairs on my jet black hair. I'm already married and we are yet to have a baby. Slowly, I am accepting my farewell to twenties. By next year, I hope I have already overcome this ridiculous fear and insecurity. We can't control aging, but we can control how we age.
@nixxx05 (311)
Yes we cannot control the days, months or years, I also have that feeling that i am getting older by next year. I always enjoy every minute of my life, spend time with my family and friends. I always make sure that i make myself look younger. :) so people won't notice that i am old. :)
@nixxx05 (311)
By the way next year i'm turning 29. Oh my! 1 year left and boom! I'm on my 30th. :) Don't be afraid or insecure, just be yourself and be healthy. :)
@Raine38 (9029)
A healthy lifestyle definitely will help in keeping a youthful look and in trying to avoid age-related sickness. I just hope and pray that I will stay healthy as I age. When we're healthy, it is easier to look and feel good and younger.
I don't understand people who get depressed about aging. I'm 30 and my man is 66! Instead of getting depressed about the face that he was over 60 when I married him and that we won't see our 60th anniversary together, we are enjoying every blessed day we have!