adrian is home and sleeping now..

I was going to wait till the morning to get on him. But,he was able to understnad and I broke it down to him. I let him know if he killed someone out there he would never forget that pain. he said he is going through somehard stuff right now. I asked him what the heck would he expect me to do if he hurt someone or himself. he was not thinking about that while drinking at his friends house. I am glad he made it home tonight in the same shape he left. but,tomorrow if he buys anything I am pouring it right out in the sink.
@Jshean20 (14374)
Sounds like he's hurting pretty badly, hope it turns around. I've made the mistake before of confronting someone after they were heavily drinking and it just made things a whole lot worse, it might be a good idea to let him get lots of rest before talking. Atleast you know he is safe right now.
He is right here snoring in my ears. he is moving hislegs like crazy as well.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I'm glad he made it home safely. Wait until tomorrow when he sobers up and explain to him again how all this made you feel and the results his actions could have. You may want to take him to a counselor, sounds like he needs it.
Mine is two buildings from where helives. I will talk to him tomorrow about going to see him. I hope this does not tick him over the edge.I can't really help him much with this pain heis feeling and he is snapping at me a lot and having to keep saying he is so sorry and how much heloves me. when Imove next week I am scared to leave him alone. but,I want to be home fixing up my house.
@asliah (11149)
hi, again my friend,as i have said that i cant sleep in the evening if my lived in partner not yet at home even its late at night,but when he arrived and we will sleep now,i feel more comfortable to sleep because i know that my love one was there beside me slept.
It is really good that he did make it home in one piece, but I do think that you have a great point about the fact of asking him how he would feel if he was to hurt or kill someone else. This is one thing that has been an issue with my husband and myself as my husband has taken to drinking when he really didn't drink for a while. One thing that we have pretty much come to an understanding with is that he is not allowed to drink and drive. The reason that this is is based on the fact that I don't want him to put himself or others in danger. This does mean that he does his drinking at home after he is home for the night. No bars or going to friend's houses to drink.
• Marion, Kansas
Sometimes people need their loved ones to be tough on them and hold them accountable. I am glad Adrian made it home and I am glad you are telling him like it is. He needs to realize that you are here for him and that you will be tough on him because you love him.