Bad parenting

I went to the shop tonight, around 11pm just before they closed. I wanted to get some kids' magazines for tomorrow to keep my little ones occupied. There were 2 other young women in the shop, both very drunk and buying more alcohol. Both had babies with them, one maybe 3 months old, the other probably around 9 months. Those poor babies should have been in bed. I wonder what sort of life they will have.
@shylade (3138)
Oh my! I fear for the babies' safety and they are sober already? My goodness, how could a mom ever do this to her baby. They should be in bed by that time. Poor little ones, they will get sick and tired. But they can't do something about this. I can never do this to my own child. Maybe these two young women do not still know that they are mothers who should protect and keep their babies safe. I hope there's nothing bad happened to them.
@doroffee (4233)
• Hungary
Jesus Christ. Why do even these people have children? They are clearly not appropriate for being parents. Do they even think of the baby/kid? How they should be raised? At least they should have put them in bed before they start drinking booze that night...
@Raine38 (9036)
Really? MAkes me wonder if they even drink while they're pregnant with their babies. How can mothers do that? Oh well...
@asdomencil (4276)
I really feel bad whenever I saw such kind of parents. It never came into my mind that I will be doing such to my kids. Poor kids to have such parents. I never let them get rid of drinking but they should consider the condition of their kids. They are really your and going outside at night really dangerous for them.
My biggest concern is that the shop is on a 4-way junction, and I hate trying to cross the junction even when sober. I would certainly never risk taking any of my kids there when I had been drinking and wasn't fully aware and in control.
I am also drinking but still in control. If I were in that situation, I will never bring my kids especially babies in buying or drinking out of our home.
@sid556 (31018)
Actually, like Stowyk said, the late hour is not so troubling when the babies are that small because babies are often up several times throughout the night anyway. The concerning part is that they were both drunk....very drunk. Unless there is another sober adult around to help with the baby then the parent should not be getting drunk. Anything can happen and that child needs and deserves a sober person caring for him to handle any situation. I would like to think that there were sober father's at home to help them but I suspect probably or why would these mothers be taking the babies out with them. And lets hope they walked rather than drive.
My babies all slept through the night by the age of 3 months. So after that I didn't take them out past their bedtime, and would have either my sister or my friend's teenage daughter to babysit while I went out.
@sid556 (31018)
Actually, I didn't have my babies out at that hour either. If they got up in the night then the goal was always to get them right back to sleep.
Hi friend, sad to hear about this, really the babies are very unlucky to have this kind of mothers. I feel pity for them. The mother who is having little babies must give importance to it than their own desires. This kind of mothers are not deserved for the term mother.
I would hve called child protective services, or the police, had I seen such a thing. Otherwise, how would we know if the kids were going to be safe, or not?
Well, that's probably how they got the babies in the first place--being sloshed out of their minds. They probably continued to drink throughout their pregnancies; the babies likely will suffer the physical consequences in addition to the emotional ones wrought by being the children of such women.
@kaka135 (13592)
It's quite sad to hear that. Even if the babies are not asleep, the mothers shouldn't bring the babies out when they want to drink and even worse, they are drunk! Can the mothers really take care of the babies when they are drunk? The babies may not have a proper childhood life if the mothers continue to do that.