How do we once and for all find a way to get rid of our 'cravings' for sweets?

In the past two months I have successfully shed about 8 pounds and I felt happy about it. But lately in the past 3 or 4 days I find myself slowly getting back to my habit of eating a lot of snacks and softdrinks, and the result is that I gained back another 2 or 3 pounds so fast. So I want to ask what works for you in dealing with cravings in such a way that you stay away from them with a more permanent effect?
You can find other alternatives to sweets by finding foods that contains less sugar level. Find other foods that you like eating but are not sweets.
Yes, some of the best ones are fruits and probably real fresh fruit juices. I would say cutting on rice would also help a lot.
@silverfox09 (4727)
You should never cut your body off anything suddenly , try to reduce your intake of sweets . The less you take your body will adjust to it if not you will crave it when you stop suddenly . Try working out instead of avoiding food that will help you shed pound and keep them off . Try boosting your metabolism that way you dont have to worry about eating a lot of junk , drink a lot of water each day and drink water 30 minutes before eating to jump start your metabolism . The faster your metabolism the faster you will used up the food you eat and you wont gain weight .
Yes, I think metabolism is one of the key factors in staying slim and fit. Exercising and working out does speed up metabolism so I would go back to more disciplined workouts the moment I'm totally recovered from my fever. Then I don't have to totally avoid those food that I enjoy most. Thanks for sharing!
@Micmac (8462)
Oh dear so you are back to step one again. It is one of the hardest thing to do is to stay away from those sweet cravings , especially for me since I have a sweet tooth and it's difficult to resist all those sweet cakes, cookies, doughnuts, etc. What can I do about this? I came up with a plan and maybe this will help you to. I just refuse to buy sweets, so when they are not around me, I don't crave them. When you are at the grocery store, pass by the sweets and make a point to buy only healthy yogurts (natural, no sugar added), and vegetable to snack on, and don't even look at those sodas which are basically poison ingredients you can do without that. okay, so try this suggestion of mine and you'll guaranteed to lose those excess pounds.
Hi Micmac, that sounds like a wonderful idea! Finding healthy replacements should do great wonders. Anyway, I'm glad that I lost two more pounds these past few days and it feels great to hear someone tell me "you look weight!" It's been such a long time since I heard those words said to me, and now I feel more inspired to watch my diet and exercise. Yes, softdrinks should be avoided and at least for now I have minimized it greatly. I would try to look for yougart in our grocery nearby. Thanks!
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Making changes to lose weight should not be seen as a short term thing..you probably stayed clear of the sodas and snacks while going for the weight loss,right? To make it permanent,you have to stop buying the stuff that's going to drag you back.Your Diet isn't the special one that you may have used to lose weight..Your diet is what you should be eating the rest of the time to keep weight from building up..My problem is that I need to take more exercise..
I agree that diet and exercise should go hand in hand. Discipline is such an important part of any health plans and without it we are bound to fail. Maybe it's good to start with an easy health goal to gain confidence, then increase the challenge as time goes by.
@MandaLee (3726)
Hi BetterDays4Me, To avoid cravings for sweets, I don't drink sodas. I drink water. I also don't eat junk food. My snacks consist of food that is healthy. I hope these tips are helpful. Have a great day!
Hi Mandalee, Yes I would agree that by simply avoiding the two you mentioned, avoiding sodas and junk foods, people could lose a lot of pounds. I surely did lose 8 pounds doing that within a two month span.
I recently read a book called THE METABOLISM MIRACLE. It teaches to consume foods that are low on the glycemic index and high in protein and complex carbohydrates. When I follow that diet my blood sugar is stable and I lose the cravings for sweets.
Hi sherrybelle, would you kindly give some examples of the food with low glycemic index and high pretein and carbohydrates?