I came in an hour early my butt!

@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I was so mad yesterday when I came in and a coworker said "hey what are you doing here an hour early?" I said "I'm not! I'm supposed to be here!" Well apparently not. They scheduled me an hour later. I only work 12 hours as is, and they scheduled me both days I work for an hour later. I was not a happy camper. I had to do some mandatory retake tests as is so one of the CS people let me go in the hour early... she said "she's not worried about it." I like her so I didn't burst into a angry rampage but I WAS WORRIED ABOUT IT.. WHY schedule me an hour later? I realize it could have been a fluke, but when you are messing with my hours, my VERY SHORT HOURS as is... 2 hours of not working is a big thing... I didn't talk to anyone about it but they have it scheduled for me the next time I work too. I'm going to go in at six and say "I'm clocking in, you can't cut my hours like that without me knowing.. I don't work that much so I'm not going over the limit." If they still want to be a butt I will find the manager of the store (or co manager that late at night) and talk to them. What's your opinion on this?
@Jshean20 (14367)
An experience like this would make me feel very disrespected and used in a way. I thought there were laws pertaining to this kind of thing? Isn't there a requirement of being given so many hours of notice?
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't know of the laws when pertaining to this. The fact I only work twice a week though. I didn't even see the schedule that this time was reflected on. If it was up the last time I was there, which it should have been, I wouldn't look at it because my hours should not have changed. I am very irritated and while I do love some aspects of that job, I may need to just find myself another one.
It's really irritating for an employee to learn a changed sched the very time he or she walks inside the office. You should have been notified a day before or hours before, in the least, of the plotted changes before they implemented it. Otherwise, they cannot reinforce the sudden change in shift. And yes, you may talk to the manager, or officer-in-charge if you know you are not informed prior to this decision. I also make schedules for my team and I really make it a point to tell them personally, even over the phone, should there be changes in their plotted schedule. If an emergency occurs and a staff needed to change his or her schedule, I will definitely inform all affected employees and the manager as well. Not doing so will cause conflict and complaints, because we all know everyone has her own commitments outside the office too. If in case a staff that is to be changed sched is unreachable and cannot possibly be informed anymore, in time before the originally plotted schedule, then I will choose another staff and so on, until I finally fix the the team's manpower as a whole. No one should be sacrificed for the good of the group because each is a member too.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't work in an office so it's not at all as difficult as that. They could have called me. I only work a few hours and my hours does not affect their "overtime" limits that they must keep. Docking me two hours isn't a nice thing to do, and if it happens for next weeks schedule I will be talking to a higher up. Thanks for your response, I really can't imagine how difficult it is to work out schedules for everyone.