can this be fixed some how..

You know where you put the cord to teh mouse. well,it is not working on the left side of my computer. This is a brand new lap top so I am not sure why it does not work. I have to take out my mouse in order to charge my cell phone because the wall charger is not working either. Is there something I can do here to make this slot work for me? Thanks.
@ravisivan (14051)
Can this be a problem with your wired mouse? Is that a new one or an old one? You may try some other mouse in both the ports and see. Otherwise some usb ports may not work properly--temporarily or permanently.
The mouse will work on oneside and in the other it will not work for me. This is a brand new laptop.
@ravisivan (14051)
I have seen in a few laptops one or two usb port may not work. compatibility issue. you can try switching the laptop off. remove the battery. wait 20 secs. then reload the battery and see. it may help.
@jaraan (193)
Go to your control panel system device manager, Look for an area with exclamation point, If you see an Exclamation point (!) then there is or are drivers that are not installed. Check if your USB's driver is properly installed. 2. check if your mouse's driver is installed as well. some mouse are not auto detected by windows and you must install the driver manually. If none of these didn't work then bring it back to the store where you purchased it, It still has warranty for sure.
@ravisivan (14051)
jaraan welcome to mylot. I think the steps suggested will solve the problem/issue. good day.
@hsofyan (3452)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
Restart. And let the computer detect the mouse device reset.