I am saving money on garbage bags now.

I have garbage shoot three doors from me and so far it has been great. I took my can there and dumped the whole can out. since the bag was clean I was able to take it back to my house. I have tons of garbage bags from living where I needed to bag it up. I am loving it already. I havea recycle room right next too the garbage shoot.so,allI need todo it walk out my door and toss out my cans and bottles. That will save me space in my kithcen can as well..
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
extremely convenient for you! Great that you have no need for the garbage bags and it doesn't take up room in your bin for the recyclables! We have recycling bins here and a big trash bin so that we can put our trash bags in that...
That is good that you have that as well. I am happy for the both of us.
@ajithlal (14569)
I think it is good to have recycle bins and trash bin so that you can put your trash bags in it.
I'm not too sure I understand your methods or exactly how you are conserving your trash bags but I have been very closely paying attention to the amount of trash bags my family uses in a weekly setting. I'm always trying to be as efficient as possible, especially when it can save us a couple of bucks in the long run so I look to fill each bag completely and I do attempt to fit everything in a single bag! :) That's what the hefty bags are for! The stretchy bags are very helpful when doing so and we can save money on the amount of trash bags we have to purchase! Things are getting so expensive these days.
@sedel1027 (17854)
That's great you don't have to worry about trash bags. I find we really don't send much money at all on them. With my son gone we empty the actual trash once a week. Which makes me happy because I'm only bringing the bursting at the seams recycling can to the curb every week and the trash can to the curb once every month and a half.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I do not buy garbage bags, I recycled plastic bags from the grocery and from the market when I buy stuff.
@ajithlal (14569)
I think it is better to use cloth bags and one can recycle them and I also think recycling plastic bags is good.
That sounds quite convenient. The apartments in which we've lived have made us work a bit harder to dispose of our trash and recycling. Actually, when we were in Florida, the complex didn't even offer recycling. We had to take it to another location. That was one of the 1,000,000,001 things that I couldn't stand about Florida.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Here in Mexico we just toss trash in cans. the big truck passes by everyother day here. If you put in bags- homeless open them and trash is then all over the ground. In the cans they go through and take recyclables and not much trash is on grounds. A better way for all of us.
It sounds like you can be so much more efficient now regarding the garbage - and the bags. Before I had to drag the heavy bags of garbage down the stairs, through the walkway, across the driveway, around the other building and through the parking stalls to the side. Now all I have to do is take them outside and 2 steps away I can dump them in the big garbage cans. I use the plastic bags from the stores for the smaller trash cans . . . oh and I found that I can use those to wrap the dirty diapers in . . . no more paying money for the diaper genie refills!!!
I Always say that anyway at all that you can save money and / or help the environment cant be bad thing at all, I always recycle as much as i possibly can. We have coolections here in the uk for paper, card glass and some cans and plastic. We regularily sort thoguh ours and put it all in the relevant bins.
@toyota4k (1212)
That's good thinking and very systematic. It saves time and space in your abode but be sure to be a good shooter, otherwise your your garbage area will look like hell of a mess.
It is pretty innovative and your part. I also appreciate your sense of utilizing used objects. Well done. You are someone we should take lessons from for saving and turning it into our earnings. I also have a habit to save as much as possible by utilizing every bit of what I am being provided with. I get support from my soul and love doing that. We need to be of such temperament for it is of a great benefit to each of us and society.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well any way that you can figure out a way to save money is to your advantage...and its convenient to help you do that,,, good night,,,,,
@ajithlal (14569)
Here now a days the bags and covers, which things are brought cost more. I try to recycle the bags as far as possible and try now to buy bags if I have bags that are very clean. I think it is a good idea to clean the bag and recycle them. I think one need to save money as far as possible in life.
It is great that you are able to save money because you don't have to buy garbage bags as often as you would have had to before. However, I do think that they probably do intend for you to bag up the garbage that you are throwing down the shoot. What we do here to save money on garbage bags is that we will reuse the bags that we get at the grocery store to put trash in before we take them outside to the dumpster. In addition to that, the more that you are able to recycle, the fewer trash bags that you will end up going through.
It may just be a garbage bag and not cost that much but every penny we saved is helpful so I say cheers to you :) I started burning most of my garbage here and am down to using about 1 garbage bag a week. We dont have recycling bins pick up here. I wish we did but then again it would just be one more expense to have to pay for.
and that's also good for the environment.
@lanieky (47)
thats a great way to save on bags what we do is use the bags from the local store and save our cans to make a little extra money.