Do I need cash for a money order?

@sedel1027 (17855)
I have not purchased a money order in several years. I need one in order to get a transcript from a college to be sent to the college I will be attending in Florida. If I go to the post office to get a money order, do I need to pay cash or will they take debit card? Thanks!
Most places take debit cards. It is as good as cash. I never carry cash any longer and haven't for several years. I think it is the smart way to go. I am sure the post office will take your debit card. Why wouldn't they? You will have to wait until Monday though.
@sedel1027 (17855)
The last time I got one - this was 5-6 years ago - I did need cash. That is why I was wondering if anyone knew. I know a lot of grocery stores cut money orders, I don't know if they charge more than the post office though. Stinks that I have to pay $5 + a fee + mail a piece of paper for a college transcript.
I would call around and see what they want. Do you have a Money Tree in your area?
@sedel1027 (17855)
Honestly, I ave no idea. I know there is a place about 5 minutes away that handles UPS & Fedex along with the mail, they may do money orders. Then again, the post office is just down the road from them. If I go into one of the larger cities, there may be a Money Tree - or Walmart does money orders (or used to).