Crabs, anyone?

crabs - crabs in curry sauce
@aejey322 (1006)
It's my brother's birthday today but he celebrated it in advance last night. We had a dinner in a seafoods buffet resto. One of the reasons why he chose that place is because of the crabs. When we arrived, we immediately went to the crab tray and there they were, large sizes of crabs dunked in a special cheesy curry sauce. We didn't get much of the other viands. We all know crabs are expensive so to compensate the money we pay for the dinner, we clamoured for the crabs. lol... But really, crabs are irresistable. However, we also reminded ourselves of the cholesterol we are about to take in. But to make excuse, we also tell ourselves, we do not eat this everyday anyway. The good thing was, there were no much guests last night. so we had the pleasure not to be embarassed to eat it by hand, and even lick to the last bite.
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
wow..yummy i do love crabs specially with coconut or chili crabs..wish i could enjoy it here (in korea) i do missed my hometown where i can choose different kind of crab recipe..
@aejey322 (1006)
i am just curious... Doesn't Korea serves crabs?
@ aejey, You can find crab on Tom Yum soup or in Spicy raw crab dish
• South Korea
yeah, they serve crab in a different way of cooking...
@gloryacam (5543)
I loooooooove crabs! That is absolutely my favorite seafood. And it even has a sentimental story to it. Before, I did not like crabs because there was a time when I was in elementary that I ate some small crabs and broke out into hives. So, I thought I was allergic. But, years later in college, we were in a resort and my grandma offered shared of her crab with me, saying try this it's really delicious. I did not want to disappoint her, and I did. And, I did not have any allergic reaction at all. And she was right! It's really yummy. She passed away about 8 eight years ago. But, everytime I eat crab, I remember Grandma.
@aejey322 (1006)
wow.. crabs really has a meaning in your life. I am sorry about your grandma. But be thankful to her, she left you with such legacy. :) :) I also am allergic to shrimps and crabs when I was still younger. It runs in our genes because my father is like the carrier of all allergies (rhinitis, asthma, etc.). lol... But my grandmother always prepares anti-allergy everytime we have crabs on the table. So she will allow us to eat as long as we take the med after. But as time grows, my immune system matured and my allergy to seafoods are already gone. It's only now that I realized my grandma is also the one who helped me get rid of those allergies. Thanks to our grandmas!
@gloryacam (5543)
Thanks to our grandmothers, we can now enjoy this delightful seafood treat! Though like you, I must be careful eating it because of health reasons. Not as young and healthy as I used to be!
@nangisha (3504)
Yes please ! Crab is one of my favorite food. We usually cook it hot sauce, or in oyster sauce. Never try your cheesy curry sauce. Yes indeed its more delicious if you eat it with hand. Any way I can not imagine if someone try to eat it fork and spoon. I see crap as family dish because is good to chap while you bite it.
@aejey322 (1006)
i also usually encounter curry, hot sauce, steamed, or garlic flavors. it was also my first time to taste the cheesy curry sauce. but it's yummy! the cheese sauce also blends with the flavor of curry and the crabs. yum yum!
@Jshean20 (14367)
Sounds like a good relaxing meal was had by all. I always like going out for casual meals with my immediate family where I don't feel any pressure to eat "like a lady". When I'm eating with people I don't really know I'm always paranoid that I have stuff on my face or that I'm eating too fast, it just ruins the mood. Crab is always a treat, when I go to the "Mandarin Buffet" I love eating the crab there.
@aejey322 (1006)
you are right. I also do not like that atmosphere when eating out. I cannot savour the taste of the food because my attention is more on how I eat or how I look or how I am. I go for informal setting where you can be yourself, where you can enjoy your meal. :)
@jaiho2009 (39001)
That sounds yummy -hahaha I love seafoods as well. I like prawns and crabs yes and also steamed or grilled fish. Now I am hungry
@aejey322 (1006)
yum yum! I also also love fish!
@jpso138 (7868)
Crabs are my favorite food. I really like the taste of crabs among all seafoods. Well, there is this place in our area that usually serves crabs. May it be with garlic or chili sauce, I love them all. But yes, it is indeed high with cholesterol and so we must not be taking it all the time otherwise our health may suffer.
@aejey322 (1006)
Maybe we should be thankful that crabs are costly. :D Because if it is affordable, many people will get hypertension. :)
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
I haven't had crab in years only a few times when I was younger, I remember it was curried and very tasty, we ate it at a family friend and all the kids got dirty everywhere. It was fun. I do remember we then all washed our hand in lemon water, rubbed lemons to remove the smell (I still use the same trick when preparing fish). Though costly for a special occasion it is always fun eating something you really enjoy even if messy and difficult, but that is the same as any meal that is difficult to eat. Hope it was a lot of fun.
@aejey322 (1006)
It is messy and difficult to eat crabs. But it's worth the effort. lol. ;)
@prashu228 (25520)
hi, oh my , i love crabs, but its so difficult to eat them. The gravy which is prepared with the crabs will be very tasty, i face some difficulty in eating crabs, as the shell is so hard ,sometimes some pieces go into mouth , and hurt . so i will be very cautious while eating crabs. No need to be embarrass while eating, we all do that..so go on...
@aejey322 (1006)
:) yeah you just have to be careful though... you just need to learn techniques on how to scoop the meat by using your fingers. but there are just times where some meat cannot really be scraped out from its shell. and you'll regret to leave it as waste, so you'll really have to eat it till the shells are clean. lol...
@caopaopao (12629)
Oh, you really make my mouth water.The crabs must be delicious. And your experience is so funny. If I were you , I will feel the same as you and do the same as you, haha.
@aejey322 (1006)
haha sometimes it's just so embarrassing to eat by hand if it's not appropriate, especially if the restaurant is somewhat high-end. but you can't really help if there's crabs in front of you! lol...
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
I like crabs too but I dont it more often because my husband doesn't like it and he an allergy in seafoods. But whenever I want to eat crabs I invite my friends or relatives with me to eat crabs in restaurant here in Makati where you can eat unlimited crabs for $13 or $14 per person. Also asked them first if they have allergy in crabs and if they suffering for hypertension better to be safe than regret later.
@chum24 (569)
hi..!! wow so yummy i really love seafood especially crabs. it is really taste good i really missed my hometown there's a lot of seafood there. when i'm eating crabs sometimes i'm so messy.
@aejey322 (1006)
being so messy makes it more delicious! lol... seafoods are really the best!
@jazel_juan (15767)
There is one popular restaurant here called, Alavar Seafood house that serves the best crab dishes in my city but yes it can be expensive but i also love eating there too and we can eat those by hand. yum!
@aejey322 (1006)
there is also one restaurant here who serves "crab all you can" it's not really that expensive but the crabs are a bit small in size. but at least, with P385, you can satisfy yourself with crabs. After they came out, others also followed sprouting like mushrooms after the lightning. It's good that we have these places in Mindanao where food are affordable.
hi aejey, Oh my I love seafood I remember when we dine out I told mom to order seafood for me she did I ate 6 pcs of large prawns and 1 king crab alone But after that I feel dizzy (takaw ko kasi) but at least I have a happy tummy. happy mylotting
@aejey322 (1006)
hahaha... seafoods like crabs and prawns really makes us matakaw!
@beamer88 (4267)
I myself love crabs. It's my favorite seafood next to shrimps. And I love eating the larger, fatter ones since I like the meat in the crab's arms better than that of the body. It's less messy to eat those parts, too. We rarely eat them in restaurants though since they cost way too much compared if we buy them fresh. Don't worry about eating with your hands. Crabs are easier to eat with the hands than with utensils. Although I've somehow mastered eating it with a fork and toothpick when I'm in a restaurant. I had to since it's a bit hard to remove the smell of crabs on your hands.
@aejey322 (1006)
haha we did not mind of the smell... but it's good that it didn't really stick to our hands. at first, I tried eating with the utensils but when I saw that there were only few tables with guests, I didn't mind eating with my hands later. Others then followed. That way, we really enjoyed the food. It was an eat-all-you-can resto, so we can say it's worth it. Though it's still a little expensive though...
wow! its so yummy, but its so sad for me,because i am allergic to this food.
@aejey322 (1006)
i used to be allergic too... but my grandma used to have anti-allergies on hand. so everytime we eat crabs, we take this med. and somehow it helped build my immune system. i am happy i am not allergic to it anymore. ;)
I haven't eat real crabs yet but I love eating crab meat bought from the groceries. I also like kani maki or the California maki, anything with crab meat in it.
@aejey322 (1006)
they're also good. but mostly they are already the processed ones. :) better try to taste the real ones... they're the best! ;)
@mimiang (3777)
Wow! I would like to have some with vinegar and soy sauce plus lots of rice. It is good with coffee or coke. Yum yum
@aejey322 (1006)
├Żum yum! that's what i've been looking for last night - vinegar! but i was too shy to ask from the waiters but the sauce was also good enough. it blended with the rice too. ;)
Crabs and Prawns are two of my most favorite sea foods. Every time I go out to dine with my friends, I try to make it sure that whatever restaurant we visit should have at least one preparation with these. I to prefer going for buffet as it is economic and we also can eat the thing we like as much as we wish.