Better to evacuate first than to wait to be rescue..

Since last night I heard and saw in tv, internet and even local government encouranging and gave warnings to all people who lives near in the rivers and dams to evacuate their house due to possible flashflood and stay in a safety place. I know it really hard to leave our house and live in a evacuation center but for the safety and health reason but better to be evacuate first than wait to be rescue after all its only temporary. Now I am watching TV to update myself from our weather condition and I saw many people asking for help and lots of children stranded in their roofs. Those kids are afraid, cold and crying because of the traumatic situation they experiencing right now and still lots of children need to be rescue. If only their parents evacuate early and listened to all the warnings it will never happened. I am just hoping and praying for the safety of those kids who are still waiting for rescue.
@else22 (4319)
Had my house been near a river,I would have evacuated it as soon as possible.Here in my country,India,rivers are swelling due to heavy rain,especially in northern part of the country.Of course,nobody wants to leave their houses,but life is precious.I once had plans to get a small house near the sea beach,but after Tsunami,I gave up the plan.Who can say the disaster would not return again?
I agree better to evacuate as soon as possible to save our own life and love onces.
@else22 (4319)
Of course,we can rebuild our house,but life,once lost,can never be regained.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Bhebe, indeed evacuate first is much better than wait for people to rescue us. That's what my relatives who are living in the river areas always said. Living in the low laying areas nearby the river is always at the risk of being flooded. My two faraway uncles homes had been flooded many times in a year whenever there is a heavy rain for a few hours. They always make sure that they evacuate all their electrical goods to a safety place first before the flood enter their homes.
Turning off all the electrical appliances and main switch is very important for safety. thanks
@myfb2009 (8304)
Yes, safety should always comes first. Besides that, it could helped us to save some money in return. Imagine, my uncles whose homes always visited by flood, don't have to buy many new electrical appliances because they are always very careful about them. Unlike their neighbor, who had to buy new electric appliance whenever there is a flood. Because they are careless and don't care much for their electric appliances.
You are right, we need to anticipate the worst scenario whenever we are in a worst situation. It would be better to evacuate immediately rather than stay and hope that the storm/weather will stop. Safety should be the main concern first before anything else, and not those things that will be left in the house.
Safety always be the first. Thank you for sharing!
@nangisha (3504)
Hi Bhebelen... I think living in this kind situation really unpleasant. I hope the situation will getting better. Yes prevention its always much better. I life in high land so never dealing with flood in my life but I can imagine because our capital city had it every year. But now here is dry season and its really hot, a rain will great blessing. Its really odd to think in others place its flooding while others place pray for rain.
Our weather now is very unpredictable, here in our country we have too much rain while you country needs rain. I am hoping and praying that you will have enough rain to your country to supply the water resources and help the plants to grow. Thank you for sharing.
@iola2012 (172)
It's been a common scenario, people refused to listen. Then, when a crisis escalated. The result, complaining for not thinking right?
Yes I agree. I think people needs to change this bad habits and start to listen for their own good.
@bellis716 (4806)
Hope your house will be spared from the flood waters. I feel for you .. Our home was totaled by flood twice. After the second flood, we moved to higher ground.
Thank you for sharing!
@Pegasus72 (1901)
I sure hope everyone is ok after the flood and that everyone is safe. We don't have tv so we don't hear about things unless they are huge. Lets us know how you are.
Hi Pegasus, were all fine now and starting a new life after that disaster and helping each other to clean our house and things. Thank you
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
I remember when we had floods in Sacramento. The water was a few inches from my front door. The damn was at capacity. The floodgates were opened as wide as possible. The sewers couldn't take a drop more and were over filled. The news said that the river by my house was almost ready to overflow it's banks. I was stuck in the house because the road out of my neighborhood was flooded. I had a 2 story apartment, so I had were to go. Well lucky for me the rain stopped at the last moment and the water went down.
I am glad that your safe during that time, flood is really scary and dangerous because it can ruin our house and kill people. thanks
@aejey322 (1006)
This is the same as "prevention is better than cure" But it's just that Filipinos tend to make corrective actions rather than preventive actions. That is why we encounter more problem when these situation comes. I really pity the children, especially the babies. I also saw that on tv and I can't help but shed some tears to see them helpless and cold. I immediately thank God that we are far from the disaster because I cannot afford to see my kids experience that. I just hope and pray they will all be safe. And that the rain and flood will immediately subside.
I agree with you, "prevention is better than cure" because it safe and can save life. Thank you for sharing.
@shylade (3137)
It's really heartbreaking to see the conditions of our fellow Filipinos here. Especially those who are asking for help and those with children and even babies with them. I don't know what they are thinking but maybe they are worrying about their homes to be left. But if there are at risk they should leave the place at the first warning of authorities, especially if there are elders or babies at home.
I agree! Better to leave the place at the first warning than to risk their life.
@Iriene88 (5352)
In another word 'Prevention is better than cure'. This can avoid the risk and enhance the survival rate. I truly hope help come fast to assist those children, elderly and everyone that were stranded there.The weather now and natural disaster is unpredictable. Pray and hope for the best.
. Thank you.
@eagletrek2 (5186)
• Kingston, New York
Yes it better to evacuate Then stay there 2 reason People stay 1 one group does Not want to go any were the other group is low income And.had.no way to leave I read with Katrina commuctioms Were bad
Thank you for sharing!
I agree so much. I've luckily never had to be in a situation of this sort, but I would definitely say to leave yourself rather than to wait and see if you get rescued.
Thank you for sharing!
@mikyung (2234)
Life is so precious to be wasted just like that. We cannot blame those people wanting to stay in their homes. But for me, if i'm in that situation, I will take the initiative to evacuate the earliest time possible. Materail things can be earn. Thanks
Youre absolutely right! Life first material things later when it is already safe and danger free.
@Paper_Doll (2376)
Hi bheb, I also saw on tv this early morning that there are actually people who really do not want to leave their homes despite warnings and the reporter said that those people will be actually be dragged out of their houses if they resist to evacuate once the final warning has been announced. I do not really want to judge those people if they do not want to leave their houses maybe because they put so much effort and money for it but it is their lives that are at risk now which money cannot buy. My husband and I were actually saw that news on TV and he commented that those families that resist to leave their homes, their names should be aired on TV one by one so they would know that they are actually not helping themselves and the government for refusing to be evacuated. I also feel sorry about their kids who are suffering for their parents' actions. They put their own lives at more risk.
I agree and I felt sorry too about their kids. They put they children in danger and let them to see and experience the very traumatic event. Thanks
hi bhebhelen, It is really sad what we seeing the news today but I think the governments tried to help them but some are hard headed one and when it's too late that is the time they think that they should evacuate. hope this rain will be over soon let's all pray and be safe
I agree. Also it is really sad to know when most of the rescuer putting their life in danger just to help to evacuate those stranded to their house but yet they don't want to leave and go in evacuation area which is more safe. I thought this morning the weather will be fine and the flood was gone but now the heavy rains starts again and the flood too. Have a nice day!
@jaiho2009 (39019)
Yes, sometimes it is better to listen from news and evacuate soon as we feel the danger. Every minute counts and we can't turn back any second that is wasted :( Be safe and keep us updated as well.
Thanks jaiho.
@jureathome (5363)
I've been wondering about that, too. Why would people not take precautionary measures and even after they have been warned and advised to evacuate their homes for safety, they still insist to stay. And, by the time the weather condition worsens, it'd be double effort to save them. Good if there's still a chance to rescue them, what if, things turn from worse to worst, and the rescuers could no longer do anything to help them. If they are concerned about leaving their stuff, they could just securely lock their doors and take only the most important things with them to the evacuation center. I guess with a 4feet high flood, no one would think of stealing anything from their houses.
You're right, I think many people need to learned their lesson after all this is not the first time. Safety is the first priority in times of danger and material things can be purchased and change but life is valuable and cant be replaced. Also I think those robbers will save their life first before they steal.
@asdomencil (4276)
This is one of the sicknss of many people especially those living in danger zones. Government does all they can in giving warning to residents that can be affected by the flood but they are hard headed and they prefer to stay at home because the reason of their house might be entered by burglars. Now they are blaming the government and asking help to rescue them. Like what you said, it is better to evacuate when you heard warnings and recommendations rather that risking your life in your house and get trapped by the flood.
I agree with you 100%.
@riyauro (6430)
I hope these kids get help as soon as possible because they will get sick and this cold can take their lives also. It is bad situation in your country and people should help themselves and move to higher grounds and evacuation centers. keep safe.
Actually some kids waited 6 to 8 hours before they got rescued, most of them has flu, cough and fever. Its very pitiful but they also get medical attention immediately. Have a nice day!