Scrambled eggs, bacon and mushrooms!

@911Ricki (13602)
I used the last few eggs to make a scrambled egg, with a few mushrooms cut up in it, with salt, and pepper. Fried some bacon, and mushrooms up for the side. I havent had such a big breakfast in a long time. I just find it hard to use up an entire pack of bacon myself, so I try to get creative, and do different meals with it.
I woke up today to the house smelling like bacon and adrain told me I had some on the stove.It was fried so hard it hurt my teeth.I will need to fix my own bacon from now on.
@911Ricki (13602)
I like mine done a certain way as well. I dont like it rock hard, but not undercooked or fatty.
@NailTech (6890)
I love the combo of food you used. Eggs do not always agree with me but I still eat them and take some chances. I will take some apple cider vinegar in some water before I eat anything that might not agree with me including right before a party in case the food is spoiled and it will keep me from having any tummy troubles. It tastes bad but it works for me. I like mushrooms, bacon, eggs and will make that next time I have some mushrooms around again. I usually fry up some onions and mushrooms and some roast beef together when I have all of those ingredients. Bacon I don't like to much of at once, it is not good for the arteries, but in moderation is good.
@911Ricki (13602)
Ive never heard of the apple cider trick, I may try that as a lot of things dont agree with me. I find dairy products in general dont agree with me.
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
I prefer something less filling first thing in the morning, normally cereal, but for brunch I really like bacon and eggs on toast, but I always end up having heartburn so I can't have it as often as I would like. When I have bacon at home I have a few recipes that use bacon, a quiche, a type of bacon scone that way I can use up any bacon left over and not have to eat it the next day.
Yum! My little one likes eggs and mushroom - and we add into it whatever cheese we have on hand. I love bacon!! When I get a package of bacon, I don't cook it all because I know the kids are not going to eat very much of it. So I take some kitchen scissors and cut the whole package in half. I cook one half of it . . . and wrap/foil the other half and freeze it for another time. This way hubby and I won't be tempted to eat the whole package of bacon too - ha ha!!
@deebomb (15322)
Hello Ricki. Your breakfast sounds real good. Later today I'm going grocery shopping and will buy some nice fat bacon. When I get it home I will cut some of it up into small pieces and put some in the freezer. I will also put some slices in the freezer too. I always freeze part of my bacon for the very reason you mentioned. Hard to use it up before it goes bad. I like to fry up the small piece and add either potatoes with bell peppers and onions or as you id scrambled eggs and mushrooms. I have pumpernickel bread this week so that will be my toast. Bacon adds such nice flavoring to eggs and potatoes
@roberten (3131)
I love a big breakfast. This morning I had roasted chicken, oat bread, yogurt and a banana. I wish I had some of your mushrooms to go on top of my bread. Breakfast does you good.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
When I buy bacon I make like two or three pieces for myself and then two little kids come along.. "Can I have some?" so there's no waste of it, that's for sure. I don't eat bacon all that much either, but then again if I bought it more I probably would which is why I don't buy it so much. I've thought about getting a pack of mushrooms and sauteing them with garlic, onion and green peppers, putting it on a tortilla with some flank steak...