its just not me

@jazel_juan (15767)
see we had a meeting yesterday and our boss said that we should list every problems we have in terms of our work regarding our work partners and we could file a complain about it...from small spelling mistakes to whatever... i was like huh? why would i do that when i could solve it by talking directly to the person right? thats what i do, when i see a misspelled name in the reports, i call that person and talk to her, problem solved. He told us to right a formal complaint - for just that? how petty is that right? he said so he could have some "bullets" against their admins! He wants gap and we are in between..grr. but i told him i wont do it, if i can solve it i will..if its something that cannot be solved thats the time i will raise it up to him, i am not some child that whines.
@deazil (4652)
This type of action is not good. It promotes sneakiness and backstabbing. Certain management types prefer this type of environment for their workers. That way the employees become less friendly toward each other but must remain friendly/courteous to management. A friend of mine once took a management course at a local community college. They taught them something similar to that. It is believed (among management) that when there is dissension among the workers they become more productive. Luckily I don't think the majority of businesses feel the same. But I have worked where that type of behavior is promoted by management. It was a very bad place to work. I'm interested to know how he reacted when you told him you won't do it. I think that may have unpleasant repercussions.
@jazel_juan (15767)
I do not it at all as it harbours more resentment between us and other department.. i actually feel bad about it when i told him i do not think i will do as i could talk to it to them directly, i do not think he was pleased about it.
@deazil (4652)
No, he wouldn't be pleased about it. You're doing the RIGHT thing. They don't want that. Their aim is to create resentment among you. I have a feeling that you will be marked as a trouble maker for not complying. Be careful at work who you discuss this with. The management is creating an atmosphere where it is acceptable behavior to run to them and tell on your co-workers. There are some people who will see this as their chance to suck up to the boss for personal gain at the expense of others. I wish you luck. You may be in for a hard time.
The boss might just want to know each and every single concern of the employee, especially those who just keep it to themselves and not telling the person directly what the concern is. But i believe it's the wrong way. He shouldn't impose it as a rule but rather ask the employees to see him if they have any problems and solve the issues there. If he wants to evaluate his employees then he should resort to other means and not through this.
@jazel_juan (15767)
i have to agree with this Ms. Toni. I do not like to do it because i do not like pin pointing everyone else's wrong and if there are mistakes that are small and petty i know we can solve it without any further issues..at the same time we wont make it bigger... its not just right.
@Raine38 (9193)
Bosses come up with the most ridiculous rules and ideas sometimes. Makes me even wonder how did they ever get into that position, or maybe that's the reason why they there lol! I also do not believe in prolonging an issue that can be easily resolved without involving a lot of people and disrupting our normal operations, and for something as puny as a wrong spelling? Come on... Good for you that you stood your ground, I think you are right in your decision to qualify which issues require written complaints and which ones are not. I just hope your boss will be able to see the logic behind it. And also next time he's got another "brilliant" idea, he makes sure to ask for feedbacks first before implementing it.
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes i do not want to report petty things that will come out pretty useless or whiny in the end. i could not see just the point as i was taught to solve things if i can..
@shylade (3137)
I wonder why your boss is acting that way. maybe he is up to something. Haha. Anyway, if you that your making the situation worst. It is still much better to talk with each other about simple mistakes. I think only those repeated and constant mistakes that would really affect the company are the ones need to be written in formal memo or something to that effect. Lol.
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes and i wont be doing any of what he wants as long as i am working just fine..
I would think that wud cause someone to be fired later on. I would hope no one felt the need to do this at all. I would spread the word that you will handle things on your own.
@jazel_juan (15767)
Yes thats what i am getting scared about, as we are just mere employees while him has the power... if things get bad, we can easily be terminated lol