Would you let them buy you something big for your house......

If someone close to you did a lot for you and then they got mad at you and threw it all in your facein anger. Then when they were not mad any more you changed the way you are with them. You explain to the perosn you no longer trust them like you have in the past because of the nasty way they spoke to you. now,they want to spend over $700 to buy you something big for your new home. Then you said,no I don'ttrust you like I did you have to earn my trust. Is there anything wrong with saying this to the person? I personally don't think so because if they could do this to me before they could try to take back the big item. I will only take it if it goes in my name.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Smart girl, you know how that makes you feel from week to week, who needs that, no one.. .After the trust is back and you think you are at that point where you will not hear that noise any more, then consider it, if you haven't gotten the item yourself....
That will be a long time from now. I think I am still hurt over those wicked words.
I sure wouldn't accept an offer like that . . . they might think that makes up for something, but to me it wouldn't. It's like they are trying to buy forgiveness, but sorry it doesn't work that way.
That is what I said as well. But,I was told to let it go.
I think you have to go with your gut on this Gifts. You don't need strings like that. I'd just save whatever I could and get what you need. Don't be beholden to anyone. I won't be on much due to my recovery efforts but wanted to affirm your thoughts gifts.
I am hoping this means your out of the hospital and doing better. I wish you much luck as well. take care and be well.
@Raine38 (9116)
I would say thanks, but no thanks, I can manage just fine. I don't want any more repeat of someone throwing in my face any good thing they've done for me even if it was said in anger. Besides, how sure am I that this wouldn't happen again in the future? They cannot say they won't be mad again ever. I have pride, and I hate it when people began to tick down all the good things I owe them. I am thankful for whatever help I can get, but I don't like being put down like that when I can well afford to go without whatever it is that they can give me.
This is how i felt as well so I am living without until I can pay for it myself.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I would say no thanks I'd rather not. I'd probably flat out say I can't trust you not to throw it back in my face or get angry in the future, claiming its' yours when it's a gift. I'd say the thought is nice but I'm sorry, no thanks.
That is what is making them mad the not trusting them part. Which I don't because it was cruel behavior in my book.
@sid556 (31005)
hi gifts i just don"t accept large gifts from anyone no matter how close i am to them. i may have from my husband if he had been like that but he wasn't.
I certainly agree with you my friend. It is better that they know your feelings about what happened and what would still happen, in case you agree to the new offer. But then, it would be better not to accept anymore gift from them, because for sure the same thing will happen again, once they don't like something that you do with them. Besides, accepting the offer again, would mean to them that you will bow to whatever that they would like from you in the future.
You are definitely right by telling her that. How could you trust someone who behaved like that before? You have every right to refuse and you can choose your friends.
@CTHanum (8254)
I agree with you. I will do the same like you did. I won't take the gift as anything can happen in the future. They might claim back the gift and it will just let them do like what they did since they are the one who give it and did a lot for you. Not because of what they did for you, they can easily mad and throw anger to your face anytime they like.(^^)