Back to work from 2 days leave due to bad weather....

@ardoy0731 (6865)
Just back to work today after two days of leave due to continues heavy rains.I can't go work for two days due to flooded areas along the way.Vehicles are not allowed to pass due to floods.Commuters and people are stranded.Rivers overflowed that caused some floods in some areas. On my way here in the office, it takes 3 1/2 hours travel which we can take for 45 minutes.Some roads are still not passable due to high water level so just one road is the only way to pass.All vehicles do passed there so it build up heavy traffic. It is slow moving due to so many vehicles passing that consumed 3 1/2 hours before I reached the office.I hope we could go home a bit earlier later to avoid so much traffic and could get home early and safe. Be safe everyone.
I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a situation like the one that you all have been having with the flooding. You see, we don't have a lot of flooding like that around here. There are times that we do have some flooding, but it has never been so severe that it has closed down the city and schools for that matter. The only weather that has ever shut businesses down around here is when we will have heavy snow or ice storms.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Well as of now there are some areas where waters aren't subsiding.Some people are still in evacuation centers and can't get back to their houses due to flood. The sun is quite shining now and hoping that will continue to shine in the coming days so that everything could get back to normal again.
@namiya (1599)
That's good to know that you are now back to work. Traffic will surely be a problem every commuter will have to face and bear due to heavy debris and mud left by heavy flooding. And yes! be patient too to enterprising drivers who aspire to earn more and are insensitive on the comforts of their passengers.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Well terrible traffic is really a problem for these past two days.Due to some roads are closed because those roads are still flooded.The sun is shining now so I do hope that waters in some flooded areas will subside and everything could be back to normal again.
@Paper_Doll (2376)
Good to know that you are able to report to work today. I myself have been absent for 3 days now. I tried to go to work this morning but the roads are still not passable at the moment so I had to return home. What I don't like this morning is that those driver won't care if you still travel though they knew already that they won't reach the destination because of floods. They won't bother to inform you about it so you still have to find out about it yourself.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Yeah some roads are still not passable in some areas as reported in the news. Luckily that we can pass now but with terrible traffic. I do hope that it won't be the same later.
Yeah. That's a lot of time. 3 1/2 hours is too long. You can also estimate that going home it would also take that long. That would be 8 hours plus about 6 hours travel. That would consume a lot of time. I hope the rain will stop and everything will be back to normal.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Yeah it was really a long trip this morning and I do hope that it won't happen again later after office hours.The sun is quite showing now and hoping that will continue in the coming days.