would you hang up or keep holding...

I need to speak to the con ed people about this light bill. the first hold time said 33 minutes and I was like fine. so I put it on speaker and am waiting. now it says the wait time is 44 minutes. I already have been on hold over 23 minutes. what ig going on with this company..
@ravisivan (14055)
GSB: I am not able to follow. You are speaking about electricity or phone--what is that hold time 33 minutes. Has the power connection gone ?
No my bill has extra charges on it.
One of the things that I hate the most in the world is being put on hold when I am calling to try and take care of business. The company around here that is the worst for it is the cable company. Now I've never had a time when they will tell us how long we should expect to hold when we are waiting on them, but I do know that it always seems like it is very excessive to me. I would be afraid to hang up and to try to call again because of the fact that I would be afraid that I would have to be on hold for a longer period of time the next time that I called them.
Just stay patient. Hanging up will just make you wait even longer.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
It happened to me most of the time when I have to report my internet connection to the provider to check my line. Just two days ago when we had a flood all connection also experienced some intermittent on the line. And I have to wait for almost an hour to connect on the customer service. I just put it on the speaker so I can do something while waiting, sometimes I put my head set so I can bring my cellphone while working on something.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Maybe you could put down the phone and try to redial again. If I would have some client on phone and he/she is asking for some thing which I can not provide right away, I would request that person to put down the phone and call again. It is not a very good practice to let someone waiting on the phone that long.
Oh girl. I know what you mean. I've found that I'm better off hanging on because if I hang up and call again, then I'll just end up waiting longer than I did before. It's maddening.
@asliah (11148)
hi, actually it happened to me when i was inquiring and also to complain about my bill,and the customer service representative hanged me up for almost 30 minutes because she said she will need to check further my account until it was almost an hour,you know what i did,i hang the phone.
Quite often I put the phone on speaker, and put it down, so I have my hands free to do as I please. That way I stay on hold, but I'm not totally taken up by it.