Just can't grow them long

I had always kept my finger nails short until recently. Just for a change I decided to grow my finger nails long and painted them. It looked pretty and sexy but I'm not comfortable. I find it difficult to press the keys on my blackberry and my touch screen phone. I find it difficult to type on my keyboard. So after two weeks of taking good cares of my nails, I cut them off. I like looking at women with clean, well painted nails but it's just not for me i guess.
Just like you Toni, i like seeing women with long painted nails, specially if their finger are what we call "hugis kandila" or in English shaped like a candle. Me, i always have my fingernails always cut short. I was accustomed to it, since i started being a teller in a bank way back in my single days. Once my fingernails grows a bit, it seems itchy so i have to cut it short again. I must agree, it is difficult to have long fingernails if you have a touch screen phone.
Yes and almost all of my gadgets are in touch screen so it's really difficult to use them with long fingernails. So i said good bye to the nails because i'd rather be comfortable than feel sexy.
Correct Toni. Just like you, i would rather be comfortable than feel sexy, specially when it comes to clothes.
@Rick1950 (1565)
• Lima, Peru
I think it is better if you feel comfortable. With long nails you can't use on the right way your devices. Besides also short nails look very cute. I think they could suit you very well.
Yeah i think i should go with what i'm comfortable with. Occasionally, I'd grow them long maybe.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Toni, for the sake of my interest in typing the keyboard and using my cellphone, i need to have a shorter finger nails. It is convenient and faster to do typing using shorter finger nails. I ever tried a few times to keep longer finger nails but when comes to typing, it makes me giddy. I can't type fast at all, so no choice but to trim my finger nails. In my mind, i do admired at those who are able to keep a long finger nails.
We are having the same experience then with long finger nails. So for the sake of convenience, i'm not going to grow them long again. Well, occasionally I guess.
@alberello (4755)
Well, in the state of women's fashion, the look of nails, no doubt (though obviously well maintained), stand out the beauty of women. Certainly for women who do manual work, or just typing on a keyboard of a computer, at first seems complicated. However, in my view, is a matter of habit. Bring you clear your direct testimony. I think you feel more sexy with long fingernails.
Yeah i felt sexy when I had longer nails, but then i gain i felt sexy even before i grew them long!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi toni There must be artificial nails that you could attach to your fingers. You can find if the stores have such things in your neighborhood and if they do, you can buy a set or two... and use them when you want to have the longer nails... and safely keep them away when you dont and you use the blackberry. I see many celebs have longer nails in movies, soaps and I am sure these arent natural... they can add clumsiness to many things
Hello Sid! I have tried using them and they're as uncomfortable as having my real nails. In fact you need to glue them and the glue can ruin your nails. It's very unhealthy. I think it's better to keep my nails short as i feel great and more comfortable in them. I could grew my nails longer occasionally though.
@Raine38 (9117)
That makes the two of us. I have always wanted long, painted and even decorated nails like the ones I see with some of the women here (nothing too frivolous, of course). Each time I attempt to, I always manage to break a nail or two below the quick and it really hurts. Guess I'm not just made for long nails, given my clumsy nature and day to day activities. I just have to be contented with short nails with simple, nail polish.
My nails used to easily break though, but a friend gave me a hand cream that really made my nails stronger. Thus when i had them long I didn't experience chipping or broken nails, but that made me uncomfortable. So i just decided to keep them short and clean.
@thanks1961 (7049)
Yes, it can't match any thing to a well maintained, neatly cut and painted nails. Some girls are so particular that they do that and won't keep lengthy and ugly looking nails. It is always to cut short and use properly which make everyone comfortable. But what people do, in the name of fashion they will do any comic things to it (not only nails) and never think it will be suitable for them. If someone do something, everybody want to simply imitate and never think whether it will suit to them. Something will suite somebody but it is not necessary that all will suit everything to everyone!
True. Not all things that are fashionable and look nice to others will look nice to you. So one has to consider whether it suits them or not.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i don't like to have a long finger nails because its not advisable in my work because i am an encoder,and aside from that i also hurt my self sometimes if i take bath and put soap in my body because i scratch my skin sometimes.and of course its hard to wash clothes if our finger nail is long.
It takes some getting used to. My friend always wear her fingernails long and she doesn't have trouble doing the laundry. She doesn't even use the laundry machine! I think it's because she always has long fingernails, she got used to them in doing everything.
We have same problem. Sometime I let my nails grow for 3mm for 2 weeks or more and paint them with soft color but It made me not comfort when I want to type using my laptop. Long nails also makes doing dishes and cooking not easy thing to do
Yeah it's true. I'm a bit surprise that more women are not comfortable with long fingernails. I thought it was only me who's a bit odd.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i am also not comfortable with long nails. like you, i find it difficult pressing the keys on my phone. i also feel not comfortable seeing male persons with long nails, it's kinda dirty.
With males, long fingernails are really a turn off for me. Short and clean ones are good for males.
Personally, I've never thought of long nails as attractive. No matter how glittered and painted up they are, they just always look like nasty big claws to me. I can't stand having even a millimeter more nail than the edge of my fingertips and I've always kept them very short. They're just too hard to clean, maintain, and live with otherwise. I've rarely ever painted them, and while I think they can look really pretty when they're painted, the paint seems to chip and come off within just a day and I don't want to have to deal with painting them again all the time.
Main reason i don't paint them is they chip off within the day too and would just look really ugly.
@hsofyan (3448)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
I'm the opposite. I do not like to see the long finger nails and paint.