How do you get color without painting the walls.....

I refuse to paint this place it is too much work. I am seeing white walls and white floors. I am going to work on doing something to get some color around this place. so far I have pillows and a colorful shower curtian. I have black iron decor on the walls. My bed spread is colorful as well. This living room is too white for me. that is where I need the most help.. Thanks for all the help guys.
@Canellita (12058)
How about using fabric? You could either put up canvas murals, wall hangings, or just get some scenery muslin and dye it to the color/pattern of your choice. That way you could get some color that could easily be taken down or changed in the future if necessary.
I don't understand what muslin is I will check it out. thanks.
@Canellita (12058)
Muslin is a very basic cotton fabric.
@carmelanirel (20979)
That's easy, paintings. You can find very colorful artwork ranging in a variety of prices, that will put color on your walls. That is, if you allowed to hang pictures. If not another alternative is to purchase some sticky tacky, found in most places that carry crafts, and hang up posters. The posters are light enough for the sticky tacky and it won't harm the walls at all.
I am going to find a poster for my bedroom. but,not for the living room I will find two pictures for the longest wall.
That'll be nice and you should take and share pictures of the finished work..:)
@dismalgrin (2566)
I would check out that wall trim that is about 3 or 4 inches wide, and it goes around the top of the walls. If you can't get it wet and let it stick to the walls for whatever reason, you can get thumb tacks and tack it to the wall. It is sometimes rather inconspicuatious, depending on what color tacks you get and where you put them around the design. This is something I've done many times. There is also some that you can paste up on the wall and when you are ready to pull it down it won't tear the wall. But, you have to make sure it says that this is the kind it is or you may be in for a nasty surprise.
This is exactly something that I would love here. I could use tiny nails to put it up with. I will check into this. thanks.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Try out some paintings, or pictures with frame even or is it allowed to put some wall paper? There are many nice and beautiful design wall papers that are cheap.
I can't wall paper these walls. I would get in trouble.
I find that the houses that look the most inviting where all of the walls are white are houses where there is a lot of pictures and such that are hung on the walls. Even in our house, we have a house that has colors on the walls, but they are mostly more neutral colors. It really has brought our house to life when I started to hang pictures and other decorations up on the wall as well. I really don't feel like a house is really a home until you've taken the time to really personalize it.
@deebomb (15322)
gifts have you thought about the thrift stores. I suppose that you want to do it with little cost. Got to one and look at all the pictures they have. If you don't find any you like then look at the frames. Find some frames the size and decor that you like. Now start looking at sheets and find some nice bright prints that you like. Make a modern day picture by removing the canvas or inside picture and cover it then put it back into the frame. new pictures and bright color too.
In Denmark it's customary to absolutely cover the walls with artwork, and family photographs. My walls are blue, and I love the colour, but they are only about 10 percent exposed. LOL On one wall i have a huge picture of the pre 9/11 NYC Skyline, and on other walls I have all kinds of famipy photographs.
@sid556 (31003)
Get some brightly colored art work. My walls are all white too. my main colors for furniture and curtains etc are black and red. But I also have other things in bright colors. My daughter made me the coolest poster with a John Lennon quote and a big Peace symbol. She is really a good little artist. Anyway, it not only has the black and red but bright purple, orange, blue and green. Just get pick a color plan and get your curtains and pillows and accessories to pull it all together. Paint will go far. I've painted table tops, lamp shades etc.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well one accent wall would be a great help for color...but you can also do rugs, throw pillow,and drapes in the same docor color....
I know you do not want to put up curtains and blinds to block your view, but you can get a scarf valance and hang just across the top and down the sides of the window. A colorful area rug will help as well. If you get any new decor, it could be colorful. You said you are getting a colorful table cloth for your table. A nice knit or crochet throw on your sofa would bring in color and softness to the living room. You can get wall decals that look like border but peel right off.
@hsofyan (3448)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
ou can hang some paintings are colorful, choose colored sofa, etc..
Brightly colored quilts and tapestries add lots of color and motion to a room.