She was so sweet today..

I was so worried she would be upset with me for not letting the loser sleep here. I was happy that she was her jolly self. I even took her to where she is staying and she had a bike in my trunk. she said,mommie do you mind if he gets the bike I said now sweetie. then when she went in to bring her bag. I pulled that bike out and burned my leg on that muffler. I put that ike on the gate of the house she went in. I did not want him in my trunk. she said she wanted to stay here with my nephew and I told her that could not happen. she was fine with it. I told her I don't know who broke the alarm off the wall. but,that would be billed to my next months rent if the building came to fix it. I glued it to the wall myself. you know smoke detector.. it was just hanging off the wall through some wires. no one knows how it got like that. but,I fixed it.
What is her problem? You'd think she'd now by now that you don't want anything to do wth the loser. Take it from me, my step-daughter was nearly killed by such a man (if you can call him a man LOL *sudden urge to spit on something!*). Why does she keep asking for him to be involved with your life? Yes this counts as involvement. Good for you. I wouldn't want him near my vehicle either!
I agree with you. It's never going to end either. Gifts is the one that needs to stop this mess and as long as she waffles back and forth her daughter will try to manipulate. Gifts will have to become a stone wall, so to speak to make her daughter get the picture. As long as she waffles cause of her feelings she will create drama for herself.
Oh my. The smoke alarm twists on and off rather tight. It doesn't fall off easily. I am thinking someone probably triggered it to go off (someone smoking in the house, or from cooking/burning) and then they couldn't figure out how to turn it off so they tried to take it out of the wall. I'm not saying that's what happened, but I know I've done that before at the apartments. Like I said, alarms don't just pop off the wall on its own. Good thinking to get the bike out yourself. I wouldn't him in my trunk either. Well, there are always going to be sweet times - and then the "other" times with your daughter. The sweet times are great - but the "other" times are going to drive you nuts. Until she is truly predictable, stick to your gut feelings and don't change your mind about ANYTHING. You have a good thing going for yourself right now . . . make sure you do everything in your power to keep it!
Take it one day at a time. You just have to guard your home against vandalism. She could do to this house what she fid to the other.