Did you? I doubt it

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Some of you may have watched this show, some may have just heard of it. Some maybe have only heard of the famous actor, Tim Allen. Either way Home Improvement was a show that really made him shine. When his son got his first paycheck he encouraged the boy to frame it. Frame it the boy did. Of course after they framed it they realized, wait... Can't cash it now! lol. Would you frame you first paycheck? Or did you? Would you encourage someone to? I didn't and simply I wouldn't.
@JenInTN (27565)
LOL...no...I am cashing my checks. I might frame the very first dollar I made if I started a business or something like that..but not a check over my first job.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Yeah, I remember I way too excited to spend it then to keep it in and frame it. My own Business? Yeah I agree if I had my own business I might frame the first dollar, or even first $5.00 lol.
@rocketj1 (6957)
My husband cashed his first check as a reporter and framed one crisp dollar bill from it. He wrote "first dollar earned as professional journalist". Later, as an editor, he hung it in his office.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I can understand framing a dollar after a big achievement like that. Especially after going to college for it and getting a job, earning the first dollar from it.
@Jshean20 (14374)
I do remember that show, I love the episode where Tim makes a special dance floor for one of the boys and someone falls on it and hurts their ankle. If I recall correctly, it was a crush of one of the three boys. I wouldn't cash my first paycheck, I don't see a reason to. However, I would frame a diploma or degree that I recieved.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I think I rememebr that episode. I used to watch the show all the time, just for the funny antics between him and Al, and how he was always getting hurt. I think one of my favorites is when he was working on that house for Tool Time. I don't have my HS diploma framed, but a college diploma I'd frame in a heartbeat.
I haven't seen it.... But I like Tim Allen. He's funny! I wish I would have done this. It would have been interesting (read: laughable) what I made back then - back in 2006 when I turned 16 and started working! I think my first paycheck was like, umm, $80 or something. . I guess if I had a kid I would suggest this as well. It demonstrates your work ethic in a way! Plus these things would be cool to look at when you got older.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I know my first paycheck wasn't exactly the biggest amount either. Of course here in the USA, if you work retail or something like that the first paycheck is either A) big because of the training (training ='s higher pay) or B) small becuase of few hours at first. I don't even rememeber how much my first paycheck was to be quite honest. I've had so many different jobs.
• Marion, Kansas
I might frame my first dollar, or whatever. With the great copiers these days, I might be tempted to frame a copy of my first check.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I agree, a copy, but never the original. I guess though as another said, it'd have to be a big accomplishment or a big corporation to work for. Or a heck of a lot of money (more then I've seen at one time).
I wouldn't encourage someone to do this, No. I see alot of dollars framed. Who could afford to frame their first paycheck? That is just down right silly. I think people are too into money anyway. I guess if it was money from some big deal job I might think alittle for seriously about framing it or not. If was a BIG goal met or something like that.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I never seen the show but it sounds funny to me. No I'm not I work hard for that paycheck and I will just frame it. Maybe I will just take a picture of it to have it on my album as my achievements.
NO way would I do this to someone who wroked hard for that check. I think he was crazy then and crazy now. i loved him on that show and i love him on the new show. I just forget to watch it sometimes.
@Canellita (12059)
Too bad that show wasn't on when digital cameras came along. The boy could have taken a photo and framed that instead of the check. It was a funny show when it was on.