I am giving up my car..

I had a lng time to think about this and I made up my mind. I am taking the plates back to motor vehicle and that is that. I had recently paid $170 to fix a fan on the car. My daughter recently paid $275 for the air conditioner to be fix. that went out and I was driving in the heat. I stopped driving and started walking everywhere. once in a blue moon I drove my mother some where. I thought about the man telling me the car was not worth fixing. then I though about all the money I would be able to save and made up my mind. so we are taking this hunk of junk back to the man he got it from. I want this done as soon as possible before I have to pay another months insurance. $159.00
That's a good decision. it's better to return the car that eats up your money just for maintaining it. One reason I sold my old car and got a new one. Though I would be paying a new monthly instalment, at least I'm comfortable driving it with no worries of breaking down, plus it's very economical on gas, have a 5 year service warranty too.
that sounds like agood plan you made too. I want to walk for a while it will save me some money plus I don't go out much any way..
good decission dear, you have same problem with my uncle here. he spent lot of money to fix his old car and found out that he should have lot of money in his saving if only he gives up his car. He spent tim and money and all he get still not worth all his effort.
That is what I was trying to avoid here. Oh,I am giving up the car.
What does Adrian feel after spending so much to buy it for you? I always wanted a PT Cruiser but I hear they are all junk. My adopted mom had one and she traded it in no time for something better.
adrain agree with me and said he was sorry he had no idea it was that damaged. he wants to buy me a newcar. I said no we can share his. and I can walk too.
Hi friend, finally you take a good decision, hope you are happy with it. As you mentioned you want to sell it soon, so go ahead and avoid the unwanted insurance expenses. All the best
Yes,I could really use that money on other stuff.
@Visdude11 (212)
• Norway
Yeah, you are right. This car cost too much to maintain and fix. You are doing the right thing by getting rid of it :) I think that you should spare some money and put them into a new car, becouse a new car is more realiable.
That sounds like a great idea when I am ready..
@Blondie2222 (21815)
I would be doing the same thing. I used 2 buy used vehicles and had to keep putting money in them and it sucked. So finally I gave up and bought a new one yea I have monthly car payments but I know it's worth it because I know it's a realiable vehicle and I won't have to keep putting money into it. Next July 2013 the car will be paid off and it'll finally be mine, i can't wait. An extra 300 dollars in my pocket. Good luck with everything.
I was thinking about getting a new one. but,I can share his car we live down the block from each other.
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
Good decision i think,car repairs cost too much and thats not worth it. maybe you should buy a new one..
@riyauro (6430)
Oh ho, that car is costing so much to repair. you better get rid of it. Wow that's like a bomb spent just for fixing small small things. you will really save lots. Good thought on giving up on that junk. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
I will be just fine I have access to my mans car...
@verolop29 (1096)
Doesnt that have a nice ring to it 'my man' haha! I hope he treats u like a queen
@kylanie (1205)
I can understand where you are coming from we had a truck that we was buying kept having to put tires on it just about once a week we let it go back because we could not afford it luckily my dad let me buy a truck on payments but its cheaper then the car lot and also got better tires and atleast it comes with a spare tire.
I think it might last you longer as well. Better cars run better.
@liuyh0619 (108)
Consider not only the money but also the energy throw into, you definitely discard it right now. It's a good desicion. You deserve a new car that would be more reliable.
@verolop29 (1096)
well thats good! but be sure to bring lots of water wherever u go! I am going to do the same. i work only 2 blocks from my house and after being pulled over for the 1st time last week i have decided not to drive my car to work like i usually do! my hubby just got me some good bike tubes for my bike so i just came home from a test drive and it was good! i thought i was going to fall on my hinny but i didn't!! I don't like driving in the heat or at night, not unless i know the terrain really good...and i want to make a few changes to my bike like get good lights and a basket to put little nicknacks
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
If you think that you can save more and you will have money from having the car into the junk well do it. To live now need to be practical and spending to much money from the things that not worth is such a waste.
My husband used to drive, till his vision started to go. I've alwas had bad vision, so I have never bee able to drive. He was reluctant at first, but knew he has no choice because of his vison. Now, he's changed his mind alltogether about his feelings about being without a car. We live right in the middle of Guelph, near a bus stop, and within waling distance of a lot of places we want to go. We are savng a ton of money by not having to pay for gasm maintainence, insurance, etc. He's now glad he had to give up his car, because we're savng so much money.
The money will be good for me as well. I could really pay off bills faster and live a better life.
Wow you pay alot for insurance every month. I pay every 6 months and its only about 400 so i only pay 800 a year in car insurance which isnt bad at all. Not sure what kind of car you have and what your having on your insurance but something there isnt right at all. I cant walk everywhere because it would take me forever to get anywhere and its a busy city where i live. Where about number 9 of the highest pupulated city in Florida so its just to busy here and to walk is sometimes scary and you hear the worst things possible all the time. Hope things get better for you and have a great day mylotting. Im going to try to respond to more of your discussions when i get time.
hi gifts while a car is really helpful my son and I had to depend on the metro bus system here and it does work for us. while a car would make our lives easier neither of us could afford all thecosts that go with getting the can even a used one.You are sure you can take buses or the train or walk to where you need to go gifts? I am sad that the car has had to be repaired and has cost you so much.hope it all works out for you
Hi, congratulation!!! You may be wondering what happened to this man! Yes, I just greeted that you are the No:1 person in myLot. So, I think I don't want to give anymore explanation for the same and you must be knowing it...
You know, if my car insurance was as high as yours was, I don't think that I would be driving either. I completely respect you for getting rid of your car considering you didn't have to use it on a regular basis and you really were throwing good money after bad when it came to the car that you had. I just hope that you were able to get something out of the car when you gave it up, it might have made things feel a little bit better.
Hello my friend giftsandbagscom Ji, I think your decission is correct. Your car has become beyond economical repair. Get rid Off, Or put it in one corner as a antique piece. May God bless You and have a great time
@jambi462 (4598)
I would really love to be able to give up my car and hope that I can do it in the near future because it's an incredible pain and burden to have to worry about. My car has broken down three times in the past six weeks or so and I've had to get my schedule and life thrown off real bad because of the inconvenience. Just yesterday I had to put around two hundred and fifty dollars into my car for a new battery and new starter. Turns out today that the starter might not have even been bad it may be the wiring in the shifter. So I could have spent around 150 dollars for a new starter even though my old one may have been working perfectly fine. I might be moving to Hawaii soon from Michigan and it would cost me more to ship this piece of junk from Michigan to Hawaii than the car is worth. I also think about how much money I could save by not having one. The only problem is when I move I'll have to find jobs first before I can really make a decision as far as owning a car or not. Anyways I hope that life goes well for you without a car and that you are able to free up a lot more money for things that matter like food and family.
@mentalward (14697)
I'm glad you're able to make a decision like that. I would do the same if it weren't essential to have a vehicle where I live. There are no busses this far out in the country and taxi's cost WAY too much all the way out here. Living in the country is beautiful, cleaner air, less crime, less noise, all that good stuff but it definitely has it's drawbacks. Looking back, I think the best place I ever lived was in the heart of the city where I could walk to anything I needed. If I wanted to go anywhere outside of my little world there, busses were all over the place. Even a hospital was within walking distance. I've actually been thinking seriously of moving back to a place like that, where I would be able to walk to most places like the grocery store or pharmacy. It would also help to keep me healthier as I do need to walk more, however much it hurts. Are you able to walk to most things you need or want? That is ideal in my opinion. We can always take a day trip into the country if we wanted trees and moo cows.
@Canellita (12058)
There is always something to be done with a car and paying that insurance every month can be a challenge. I have not been driving much, but I would be lost without my car and the freedom it gives me to go where I want when I want. For a round trip on a bus I could get a gallon of gas and make several trips in less time.