Which of your personal belongings make you happy and why?

We often here that material things is not what makes a man or woman happy. I agree, but at least there are some material things that somehow brings smile into our faces and make us enjoy life more. I am not promoting materialism here but I am probably even promoting contentment by being aware of some material things you own and should be grateful for having them as well as enjoying them. So let us share our experiences with them :)
@Micmac (6985)
My teddy bear which brings me comfort. My art work for my accomplishment, tv, my family photographs which brings me entertainment and fond memories and my exercise equipment which keeps me healthy. And what makes you happy BetterDay..... ?
@Micmac (6985)
That is nice to know you are too an artist!
I think most posters on here would agree that the PC is a possesion that makes us all happy, not only does it allow me to keep intouch with my friends and the going ons in the world, but making money online cerianly makes me happy especially on a site like this :) I'd also say my musical instruments make me happy and I'd struggle to live without them, I like being able to strum away at mguitar and write songs about things that are on my mind. Other little things would be game consoles and the TV, I'd be so bored without it.
Yep, PC would be the number one favorite possession to most posters in this topic I made. It's really a great feeling that because of my computer/internet, I am now able to escape the rat race in the office and have no boss to give me orders. It's really a great feeling to be your own boss and own your time. Most of the time I work on comfortable clothes like shorts and shirt ( sometimes only shorts without the shirt). You reminded me again of my love for guitar and I want to buy one hopefully in the near future. I remember we have an organ that is not being used so I could resume composing songs. I remember some of my proudest moments is when I make my own compositions, and I even got 2 of my compositions taken in by 2 recording companies so it was really a great feeling for me.
If you had compositions taken by recording companies you definetly need to take it up again and get writing, theres alot of money in it aswell as having that feeling of accomplishment :)
@stanley777 (7176)
Yeah it may not give us eternal happiness, but it does give us relief from time to time.. When i am bored i just watch a movie or listen to songs using my music player. it lightens up my mood.
As for me,my personal belonging that can make me happy is a notebook,that notebook means a lot to me,it came to me because I got a highest score in one exam then my teacher gave it to me as a reward,though it is not a expensive notebook just a normal one,but it record the wonderful time in my school days,that notebook not only inspire me in my old days but also inspire me in the future,and since it can make me recall my wonderful school days so it always can make my happy.
@moulee87 (321)
Hi! Materials brings happiness to us. Materials can be of any kind like jewels, dress, gold and if you are a millionaire even house will be in your collections list to enjoy it! I use to collect some special materials when ever I come across special incidents. Let me list out some materials. You will go crazy! 1. Ticket that I have got on my placement day! 2. Last penny of my first salary! 3. Chocolate covers of my close friends birthday! 4. Valuable gifts, especially birthday gifts! 5. Candle that is kept on my birthday cake! 6. Memento received on my college final day! And the list goes on! Actually I maintain a museum here out of these valuable things to make the incidents fresh and green!
I am very happy with all that I have, but if I would have to choose my favorite or the ones I could not live without it would be my house, car, pets, photographs, my writings and the items my children made me when they were young. Everything else is just my icing on the cake.
You reminded me I used to love having my dog in the house. My mom also saved our letters and drawings we used to send her as gifts on special occasions until the big flood swept them away...huhuhu. It's okay though, I'm glad that my parents are still alive in their 70's. Most of the possessions I love have sentimental values attached to them.
• Southend-On-Sea, England
A few things. My computer as it keeps me in touch with the world, my music collection as music is my passion and my collection of old photographs of people, such as my parents, who aren't with us any more.
hio betterdays4me my computer and monitor, thats very easy as I can keep in tou ch with my son and my friends even is I am sort of house bound, my fingers on my keyboard get me help and friendship and fun and enjoyment so yes my computer and monitor.