I phone 5 -hmmm waiting to buy it

I read an article today that the Iphone 5 will be available to pre order as on Septemer 12, 2012. Last week I stopped in my local ATT store and asked about what is going to be so great about it. (I have an I phone 3) and he said if I have an I Phone I will really like the new one. He also said the day, they actually go on sale in the store there will be a line around the block to buy one. Right now I am thinking I am going to wait for awhile, until after the hype settles to buy one and by then I should hear the good, the bad and the ugly about it. He also tthat he thougt it would be $250-$300 upgrade as I have the I phone 3 or may I have the 4 I don;t know but I know it is the one before the siri. Anyway- I am looking forward to it but not enough to preorder and not enough to wait in line for hours. I want to go in buy it and leave - all within 10 minutes.
I've also been looking forward to the release. But I'm kind of disappointed because I haven't seen any real pictures of it from Apple. Hopefully soon they'll come out with some sort of video or photo releases. I'm definitely not going to pre-order it. I'll wait a month or so to see what problems it has and wait for all the bugs to get fixed before I actually go out and buy one. I think I'm eligible for an upgrade around Christmas time so maybe I'll get it as a gift from my parents :)
I totally agree with waiting to see what bugs it has waiting for them to be fixed. I know that happens every time there is a new release. I like the idea of getting it has a gift too, cuz that is something people really want and it is a great gift idea if the giver can afford it. Thanks for the response.
I remember the first iphone 4 had quite a few bugs when it was released. It would be nice to have the phone right when it comes out, especially since I've been waiting a while for it, but I'd rather wait a little longer for a phone that works and is completely fixed.
Im also waiting for iphone 5 thats why im not buying a new phone at this moment. Iphone really are the best phones for me as they are well engineered and really lasts for lifetime.
Thank you for your response. Yes, many people agree with you about the iphone. I read an news article this morning on the internet that 1 in 5 android users will be switching when the new iphone comes out. I really like my current I phone but am looking forward to the new one, after all the hype is over.
My thoughts on it is that if the phone that you have right now is not broken, then there is really no reason to fix it. So, I don't have an iPhone right now and it is probably something that I will never jump on the bandwagon of having. But, I will never replace any of the phones that I have until the last possible minute. The only time that I have not waited until my phone was on its last leg to replace it is with the phone that I have right now and the reason that I replaced when I did was because I just wanted a touchscreen phone.
Thank you for your response and you are probably right. I like to take photos though and what I have seen with other's peoples phone is amazing compared to mine. I really don't need a different phone but sadly I get lured in with all the fun apps.
I'm looking forward to the new features. Hopefully itll blow away the competition.
I hope you are right. I am looking forward being able to use instagram on it as the camera on my phone is terrible.