What would you do?

Australia
Australians are sports mad, and the Southern states particularly love their Aussie rules, which is sort of a cross between soccer, rugby, and handball, possibly the fastest football game in the world. The great goal kickers of the game are almost sainted, and one of the greatest, if not the greatest in history, was Hawthorn's Peter Hudson, who played in the 70s. A bright young Anglican minister was posted to the church nearest the Hawthorn club, and in an effort to attract more customers, he put up a sign outside his church saying, "What would YOU do if Jesus came to Hawthorn". By the next morning someone had painted on it, in red, "Move Peter Hudson to centre half forward". People still laugh about that today. But tell me, what would YOU do if Jesus came to your town? Lash
@JenInTN (27564)
I have a lot of questions for him so I would request a bit of his time...no parables allowed rule would be in effect too.
Yeah, he's got a lot to answer for!
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I am pretty sure that I remember hearing about Jesus and Peter Hudson before. It is definitely familiar and a great joke when you know how brilliant Peter Hudson was. 150 goals in one season, I don't think even Jesus could match that! Jesus is in fact coming to the Gold Coast. I have seen the signs for years stuck to trees that are proclaiming this so I am preparing a list of things for him to do for me when he gets here. One of the first things I will do is get him to make tropical fruit trees that do not grow here actually grow and survive the cooler winter temps. Tropical fruits for everyone!
Well he obviously is going to have to have some of Santa's magic, to be in all those different places at the same time. Lash
@vandana7 (68507)
Well, if he came to my town..I might be inclined to first ask him to prove that he is indeed jesus by magically growing some trees all around with lots of flowers and fruits. Not trickster can do that..so I would know for sure he is Jesus. Then I would take him to my home, lock him up and say you are in unsafe zone man..here Hindus and Muslims fight..as often as we get common cold. If you are seen here, you would end up in tug of war so stay put. lol
I suspect that he'd get better treatment in non-Christian places than Christian. Christianity seems to have travelled a long way from what I know of his philosophy, he'd probably be taken as a madman. Lash
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oy, Oy, Oy! I love Australia Rules Football, especially the Swans. Sadly the last match I got to see was when Sydney won the Championship in 2005! But before that , my mom would watch it together! she like soccer , me I like hockey and this was a great mix. To answer your question , if Jesus came to town what would I do? Not A G-ddamned thing. He didn't come to see me.
By one of those serendipitous coincidences, Hawks and Swans, 1 and 2 on the ladder with 2 games to the finals, are playing tonight. I will think of you as I watch. Bad luck lol. Lash
We can still be friends? Lol!
Hawks won a grand final preview by 7. Best game all year, I look forward to a repeat in 5 weeks. Lash
@Orson_Kart (4487)
We recently had all the entourage following the Olympic torch through our town, so unless he was well announced on tv or radio, we probably wouldn't notice. We need plenty of notice and a big sign around his neck wouldn't come amiss. Even then most people would probably say, "Jesus Who?"
Hernandez, I presume. Lash
@MsTickle (24994)
If you mean the son of god then I would be gobsmacked because I'm a non-believer. If it were truly he, then I guess I would be drawn to him and I would have to go and try and speak to him. What would you do?