The Magic, Mystery, Wonder and Innocence of Childhood

When I watch little children at play, they are so happy, so content and so innocent and all is right with the world and it reminds me of this quote: "It's easy to to believe in magic when you are young. Anything you couldn't explain was magic then. It didn't matter if it was science or a fairy tale. Electicity and elves were both infinitely mysterious and equally possible-elves probably more so" - Charles de Lint I wonder where, why and when I lost that innocence. I want it back!
@Micmac (6475)
How wonderful if we could return to the magic of our childhood days. Play-time with toys and innocently watching the world go is fun and amusing as children perceive it, never taking anything seriously, laughter and smiles, angels and sweet dreams, no worries - where have those days gone? If only we could turn back the hands of time. Very nice quote dear.
Thank you for your response. I too, would love to turn back the hands of time but know then what I know now. It would make so many better decisions.
@Juliyan23 (601)
They haven't known yet about how to pay the bills neither how to face the annoying people in a job. Well - if I could life without worrying financial things I wish I could be back to my childhood.
Thank you for your response. So true, as kids we have no financial worries we just have fun.
@echoforever (5192)
I feel this way too when around children. Their innocence is almost addictive and contagious. I enjoy watching them play and making them happy. I miss those days when I was that happy also.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I love watching the kids play. They are just plain having fun and I love it.
@hsofyan (3452)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
It is not possible. For too many considerations that have penetrated your brain.