Featherville could burn soon

Boise, Idaho
Another day of hot temps and heavy winds are making the Featherville fire jump their lines and continue to burn 1000s of acres. Residents are being told to gather their valuables and leave by 9p. tonight. They will then close the roads and you can't get in again. I can't immagine it. And Featherville is close to Idaho City which is a old mining town from the mid 1800's. If it goes up it would be a very sad loss. Ofcourse any of it is but Idaho City is like a museum. Lots of old buildings and antiques those people have been keeping them up for decades. Have you had to go through any of this? Fires close? Etc.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup when we lived in Napa and the fires burning up the canyon from Boise
That doesn't sound fun at all.
@Lakota12 (42684)
nope wasnt
National Guard is helping out there now.
Yeah, I posted a discussion about it a little over a week ago. The fires had spread out over several counties and a few towns were completely gone. The completely burned ones were small towns, and the surrounding areas will definitely help them rebuild, but it was sad to see so many people crying over all they had lost. The bad part is one of the wildfires was deliberately set. By a major moron who loved fire.
Where was this?
I live in Oklahoma. The fire covered several counties.
My BFF lives there and never spoke of it.
@winterose (39922)
No I am lucky like that I have never had to go through any of these things, we are very far from the forests.
I am lucky to live real close to the foothills. Here I can see mountain ranges all around me. The Rockies, the Owyhees and the Sawtooths. I love looking out my window on a clear day and seeing pinetrees not too far off. I love the mountains and trees. A fourty five minute drive and I am in the mountains.
@winterose (39922)
well montreal is an island and we do have a small mountain called mount royal it is a popular summer site, for picnics, and there is the St. Joseph's Oratory which is a religious site. St. Joseph was just cannonized by the pope last year. People from all over the world come to see that site.
And I had never heard of it. Sounds interesting.
@JenInTN (27565)
When I went to California, there were some fires burning near by. I saw them and the smoke when the plane was landing. It was weird how the sky..atmosphere was even though it was quite a ways away from where she lived. It was a little scary. I have never seen anything like that before.
When we lived in Florida, there were fires in the general area. Our car would get covered in ash, and I had to remind my boyfriend to not leave the windows down at all when the car was parked. You could smell the smoke in the air. Thankfully, though, we were never in the direct line of any of the fires.
You were lucky. The smoke has been blown out by the breeze so that is nice. We have a almost normal blue sky again. Still coughing but it is better.
@blue65packer (11835)
I have only lived in one state all my life. I never have been in a situation like Idaho and other states that are going through right now! I would be constantly worring if a fire was near where I live! I would probaly move all my stuff to somewhere safe until the fires are out! I know lots and lots of people have lost their homes and ever a few have lost their lives! I know alot has to do with the drought going on. I hope things get better very soon!
I have only lived here in idaho too. All my life. And I love it here. Mountain ranges all around me. I live in a valley so we don't have heavy winters. It is nice. And fourty five minutes to the mountains and skiing.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
No, THANK GOD, I haven't. It would be a horrible thing i know.I hope they get the fire put out before it causes anymore damage. Stay safe.
Thanks kiddo. I love where I live and I sure don't like to see the black. I live real close to foothills and it fires up some years. I can drive less than a mile and hit the foothills and black areas. And ofcourse the smoke is killer.
@NailTech (6890)
I have heard about the fires on the news, that is so sad. Every year you hear about some kind of fires like that. I do hope they are put out soooon and no one has to worry anymore about if they will be homeless, etc due to them. I have never had to go through this. I thank God for that. I have been through heck and high waters but not this.
It is beautiful here and it won't be long before the trees grow back. But every year we have the fires. So I guess it is a give and take situation.
Oh gosh! This is so tragic. Yes it would be a tragic loss.
And one of them they don't expect it to be out until the first snow falls.