English learners

There are many foreigners now who are learning English in the Philippines. I guess it's cheaper learning English here than learning English in their own country. I hope the number of students will increase so that there will be more jobs for our country people. Happy myLotting everyone.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, Looking at it from a world view, I may say we are not so far behind when it comes to the universal language. I just hope it would last a little bit more for if we have to see history, there has been a lot of foreigners trying to employ their culture upon us. First there were the Chinise (which did not bother teaching us their language as long we understand how to trade with them), then came the Spaniards, their language took the Philippines and even our country's name by the neck, then came the Japanese, which did not last long when they were nearly blasted out of the face of the Earth by the Americans. I don't know who shall rule the global language game in the future. Not the Chinise again, I really don't understand them a little bit.
I haven't tried learning Chinese too. I tried learning Korean. I guess it's easy to memorize their alphabet. It's just hard to pronounce their words correctly. I hope no one would rule the global language game in the future but us. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@rsa101 (15529)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I can see a lot of Koreans doing this and there are even exclusive schools that only caters to Korean to learn English here in our country. I guess we Filipinos are just too fond of this language that other countries appreciate it. But sad to say that our own national language is a bit behind like for example this month is supposed to be a month dedicated for Filipino Language but I barely feel that it is appreciated at all except maybe in schools.
Oh, you are right. We're already using English as our daily language. I hope we won't forget using our own national language. At work, we are not allowed to speak Filipino but sometimes we get stubborn and still try to speak our own language. LOL. When I come home on weekends, I still speak English sometimes because I thought I am at work. LOL. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@jureathome (5363)
Definitely cheaper than when they get it elsewhere. Cheaper but with good quality.
You're right. Cheap but with good quality. They are lucky that they can study here with cheaper tuition fees. Only a few of them can afford studying in native speaking countries. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting. Sorry for the late reply.
@shello (964)
• United Arab Emirates
That's noteworthy, I believe. It would really be a great help to our country lessen the rate of unemployment. Aside from that, that would mean that the Philippines is still considered as one of the countries which is called as an English hub. I' ve seen a lot of exchange students going to Philippine universities to study English.
Yes, you're right. There are many of them studying here in our prestigious universities. I hope they will recommend our country to their friends and relatives so that we'll have more jobs. Yes, they are helpful in lessening the rate of unemployment here in our country. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@stanley777 (7177)
Yeah, that would be nice.. Since it is the universal language, then many people would want to learn it, i observe more and more Asians coming here to learn English or to major in English, it is good indeed.
Yes, it's good for our country. We'll be provided with more jobs. I hope more Asians will go here to study English with us. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting. Sorry for the late reply.
It's our passion in teaching that attracts them other than those you have already mentioned. We just don't teach for the money, we have compassion. A good trait that most non-speaking English countries would want to learn English from.
Yes, you're right. They trust us because we are compassionate and we are dedicated to our jobs. They feel comfortable studying with us. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting. Sorry for the late reply.
@airasheila (5458)
hi there angelkarah050182, with reference to your post, aside from what you have written, it is also a good sign that the Philippines is being trusted to be one of the good country who teaches a quality english education.
Yes, you are right. Many foreigners like going here to study English. So aside from the call centers, we are also starting to have many English academies which provide jobs for us. We are proud that we are chosen among other countries. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.