What part should i play in this.

I just learned that adrian has to change is entire way of eating. I told him I want to see the list of foods he needs to eat. he siad he needs me to cook for him every day. I told him he is a grown azz man and can cook for himself. Now,I don't mind cooking sometimes but I live else where and I don't plan to go on his diet. I want to do what is right. I am waiting for the list now. I am so glad he has to stop eating all that junk food.
Im guessing he went to the doctors and they prescirbed going on a diet and eating healthy. Must be theroids or something. Im sure there is no red meats allowed on his diet, they will say eat seafood and white meat. its healthier then eating all that red meat all the time. Stop taking in so much salt too because thats sodium and usually not good for you. Eating fruit is sometimes ok but there are some that hold a lot of sugar and eating alto of sugar isnt the best because its a fat and it holds into your system. Well i have a doctor in the family that just told me alot about food while on vacation and we should watch what we eat and our intake everyday. Its not easy as i sit one a computer most of the day. Im not saying im fat at 120 pounds what so ever but i do need to watch myself as well. I think everyone should .
lolo whoever told you sugar is a f at is nuts,. sugar is a carbohydrate and fruits have fr uctose which is less hard on us than pure carbs. I am a diabetic and am allowed to eat all f ruits the key is alway s moderation. but do not ever think sugar is a f at. stored in our bums yes it turns into stored f at but sugar is a carbohydrate and one that will shoot up my blood gluose mu ch too high.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Ok I could see if you both lived together that you would cook for him. In your case you don't, so I think he is asking alot of you. I cook almost everyday for both me and my hubby. However, there are many times that he will cook or he will take me out to eat. I don't understand what is wrong with him that he can't cook for himself since he lives alone. Unless you go there and cook a few dinners in one day and he just has to heat them up during the week. I just think he is not being fair to you in requesting this.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I'm sure what he should be eating is all super healthy stuff. He probably thinks you know how to cook all those items already and he doesn't want to learn lol
@inertia4 (27395)
Well, tell him that if you both lived together then you would consider cooking every night. but since he does not live with you I guess he expects you to cook and he comes over your place. And also, maybe some things that he needs to eat now he might not be able to cook. I know all about being on a special diet.
• Marion, Kansas
Aha, he is using this as a way to try to hold on tighter to you and get more of your attention. I think when it is convenient for you, and you want to be there, you should cook something from his diet. However, you are not his mother, he has lived all these years taking care of himself, and he can do this as well.
hey gifts tell him most of the top cooks are men as that might prop up his male pride. surely he is grown up enough to cook simple foods. A lot of men really are better coo ks than I am and I loved to cook.If you do not want to do all the cooking then so be it as its time you lived your life for you not Adrian or KayKayI know you want to do what is right but whose rights yours or Adrian's I mean you are not married to him so why should he ex pect you to cook all the time.Now thats just my own opinion but do not knocke yourself out either Sharon please?
He won't stay on it. He'll blame you for not doing it for him. You are right. He has 2 hands and 2 feet and they stent broke.
@jillhill (37384)
Well at least you are willing to a certain degree...he certainly should appreciate that fact. It's not easy changing the way you eat!
@asliah (11149)
hi, in a relationship or in a couple usually who cook for the food are the woman,and i think one of the responsibility of a wife is to cook food for her husband,though husband can cook food for themselves,and even for the health of your husband you should also take good care of that.
@sid556 (31006)
I would say that you need to know and be aware of what he can and can't have. If he is coming to your place to eat, then and only then should you feel obligated to fix him food that is on his diet. If you are at his place and "feel" like cooking for him...sure..go for it. It should be a courtesy and/or a favor and NOT your obligation! As you said...he is a grown man. You aren't his servant. If you fall into the pattern where you just do it all the time, he will get used to and expect it and that is when they stop appreciating it. I kind of recall some of your discussions where there were issues where there were certain types of foods that you could not eat and he wanted to go there anyway . Anyway, don't give in. It is good for him to be independent and good for your relationship for him to be.
He is a grown man he doesnt need you to act like his mother. He should be perfectly capable of making his own food. Its nice when you are there to help him out and cook but expecting you to go over every night to make him dinner is asking to much of you.