My mother thanked me all day...

yesterday we moved her living room set to the new place. The living room is much smaller and it did not fit right. so,today she was so sick and she could not really do much. She had no idea what she would do with her place. she was so sad and looked down in the dumps. so,I said get rid of one piece and cater corner the tv set and turn the coffee table. so,she called a family friend and he ame right over. we took out the smaller piece since my nephew sleeps at times on the long one. and sometimes my daughter too. then we turned it all the way I said to. everyone just loved the new room so much. my mother had a smile on her face again and thanked me all day long. thanks sweetie was all I heard. I was there from early so,I had to leave soon after. the new place is only missing her bed. everything else is set up and looks like she lives there. she gave me two pillows for my new couch set. two pictures of my daughter in frames. her nice curtians and the wooden rod as well. some new pot holders to match my kithcen. a table cloth for my table. and a few other things. I am a happy girl tonight. I will be gone a few more days till she is all set up.
hi sharon you are one very lovely person and your mom realizes that too.It was wonderful how you helped her and it sounds like her room looked a lot better with the few changes.I know it must have made you feel really good too.It has always amazed me how if you move things around just right suddenl you have a great room with paths between pieces and everything looks brand new too.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hey, I am sure "C" really appreciates your help..I have seen you work and you lift, slide, push furniture...So I am sure you flexed a few muscles...LOL... But its good that you were there to help her..Of all her other three children right there in town you were the only one busting your butt to help you Mom,,,What a great person/daughter you are. Blessings to you,,,,
@bjc66bjc (6745)
sry guys I attached the response to Hatley instead of Gift, sorry...
I am taking a few hours off today for my own time. but,I will be going there shortly. I am so pleased to know I could help as much as I did. I am super happy to have moved back to town to be hhere to help he in the first place. thanks guys.
Ian it nice to be appreciated like that? I bet your mom's place looks really good. You and she will be neighbors now.
we live a few blocks frm each other and I can walk there.
Oh I thought she moved into your building.
It doesnt take alot to fix a room up right and make it your house. You just have to tweek it a little and make it feel comfortable too. Im glad you were of some help and that someone was there to move furniture and get rid of some at the same time. She should of tried selling some of it and make some money too, but then again i dont know if she did try that or if you did. Maybe someone else in the family could of used it. Im glad she was able to get rid of some other stuff and give it to you and make you a happy person. Hopefully she can be all set up before this following weekend comes up and she can have people over and what ever else she might want. Have a good day mylotting.
There were cat scratches on the couch. no one would have taken that. everything else we all took home. we each got something.
@salonga (27973)
Did you move or just have the old re-arranged? Well as far as I am concerned, it is nice to have a home re-arranged. I can't move home anymore because this one is mine and I think this is already my dream house. But I am a person who can't be happy if I won't rearranged my living room after 2 or 3 months. My son would always say, "Mom please don't change this. This is already a perfect arrangement!" But still I won't hear any of his words. Once I made up my mind to re-arrange I would re-arrange no matter what. And you know what? After re-arranging, my son is always the one to praise and say "Mom, I can't imagine where are you getting your ideas, this new one is really wonderful, I hope you won't change this anymore!" Well I can't promise him no changes anymore of course because after sometime, new arrangement ideas will surely pop up on my mind again.
@chum24 (569)
hi!! after i read your post i remember my mom she also thanks me all day for cleaning the house,washing her clothes and changing the curtain she was left that day before. being appreciated by our mom is nice to hear.
@Blondie2222 (17541)
That's good you were able to help you're mom and she was happy about it. It's nice to be there for someone and know they appreciate the work that you do. I'm sure she'll love her new place as soon as it's all finished. The only part about moving is I hate the unpacking but I love decorating.