I woke up with a mouse this morning...

@Loverbear (4929)
Great title for a song! I just thought of that. It was a bad night for sleeping. I am amped up for the pawn shop and getting together with my soon to be exfriend. It took until 2 a.m. to get to sleep and then the neighbor woke me up at 5:30 this morning slamming their car doors and their dog barking. I got back to sleep and the next thing was a telephone call at 9 a.m. I had planned to sleep until 10, but that didn't work out. I got up and started doing my usual chores, beginning with putting the doxies out, then taking my handful of medication so that I can get past the pain and breathe. I glanced blearily at the sheets and there was a mysterious lump there. My boys love to bring me little kitty gifts through the night, letting me know how much they love me. I've found all kinds of cat toys, hair ties, clothing (one time there was a pair of shorts in my bed with me. I had put them in the hamper so the guys had a tough job getting them from the hamper to the bed!) and even small boxes and stuffed toys from my display in the work room. I looked closely at the lump in my bed, rubbing my eyes to get them to focus properly. I slllloooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy pulled back the sheet not too sure what would be there. The sheet was nearly off the lump when the cats came in, watching me closely. Willy jumped up on the edge of the bed, giving me a good morning greeting and his love. I shooed him off the sheet and started pulling the sheet back again. This time Khuay jumped up and stared at the sheet, bewildered about why I was messing with the sheets. I finally shooed him away and finished exposing the "lump" in my bed. There; right by the area that my left side would be was laying a small, furry, fat, stiff, red catnip mouse! It had to be Willy's gift. When he gets upset and feels like no one loves him he will carry around the red catnip mouse. He will also present it to me as a gift to let me know how much he loves me. Needless to say Willy got extra love and hugs this morning! He purred in pure pleasure and the knowledge that he is so totally loved and appreciated.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
U would be lost w/out those catd. At least u know u are loved.
@Loverbear (4929)
You are so right! I couldn't keep house without a Siamese!!! Of course I'm not bright enough to keep house without them either...at least in their eyes! LOL. They are beside me while I am doing everything from washing dishes to sewing. Shoot I'm not even bright enough to go to the bathroom alone!!! Of course the other great thing is the amount of entertainment they provide. They are better than television. There is something about watching a full grown cat go flying through the house, taking a mighty jump to land on the kitchen counter and missing the target by at least a foot! They will sit down and look around to see if anyone saw them goof and then if there was someone watching they act like "I meant to do that!!!" Bill came in this morning while I was still in bed...immediately there were cats all over me. He had to say good morning to them first before we could do anything else. He was headed to the dentist to get a filling and I needed to get up and finish getting packages ready for shipping...but I do have to admit there is nothing like a 22 pound Siamese landing on a full bladder! You head for the bathroom at mach speed.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I'm so glad u have them & enjoy them like u do. I love hearing your strories about their antics.
• Marion, Kansas
I am sooooooo glad it was a red catnip stuffed mouse that you found. I was imagining the other kind, not from the computer. I know, you did that on purpose.
@Loverbear (4929)
You know me too well! Khuay is the chief mouse catcher and he doesn't waste them giving them away. He has FINALLY progressed from leaving bits and pieces of the mice laying around for me to step on in my bear feet to eating the whole works. Of course I think that it is because the mice coming in the house are much smaller so there is less to have left over. Wow, that is hard to talk about this early in the morning! I usually am not up and functioning at 7 a.m. but I have to get stuff ready for shipping so I set the alarm. My stomach isn't working yet and it really doesn't like the thought of eating little rodents!
• Marion, Kansas
You know, I do not recommend you eating little rodents even when your stomach is working well.
@djalex14 (195)
Hi!The mouse is an inofensive animal.You dont have to scare.. I consider funny to see the people scarying from a mouse...Of course the mouse needs to be removed so I recomande to use a cat.The cat is perfect for this job.
@ElicBxn (60049)
did you figure out it was a toy mouse?
@NailTech (6892)
Awe, at first I thought this was gonna be one of those live mice stories again. But not so, he brought you a catnip mouse. How cute is he. I wish my cats would do things like this, I only have the one now and she only moves her toys around on occasion if she is in the house and left alone for alittle while. Maybe 2 other times when someone was here, but for some reason she likes privacy when she drags the toys around. Currently I 'm just trying to get her used to this very soft blue pillow I bought for her and have had her on it twice with some coaxing of alittle cat grass, but she doesn't stay on it long. I think it's too squish soft for her liking. She likes a firmer pillow/sleep area. How do you know he does this when he's not feeling like anyone loves him? That is so cute.
@Loverbear (4929)
That is the thing about cats, THEY choose their places where they sleep, what they eat, and what they play with. I have gotten beautiful beds for my cats and they turn their noses up at the bed and sleep in the box! It's like having kids!!!! You might try catnip on the pillow, but you're fighting a loosing battle. It is so easy to understand Willy. He has done it before when Khuay has come through the house carrying his prize. Willy will "catch" his catnip mouse, come through the house meowing his "I caught a mousie" call and then sit in the doorway to the family room with the catnip mouse in his mouth and a really sad look on his face. His eyes aren't as bright as they usually are and you just know deep inside that he is feeling that we don't love him because he can't catch mice. It's one of those looks that tear your heart out because you just know what he is feeling. This time it was because I made a fuss over Khuay and the mouse he caught. It's hard to not make a fuss over Khuay as he is such a cute little cuss. Anyhow, Willy saw me making the fuss and the rest of the evening he was really stand offish. You could tell his feelings were hurt and there was no consoling him right then. For some reason that night it really hurt him badly. Usually I can jolly him out of his funk by telling him that his catching mice isn't a necessity that I love him just the way he is...that he is such a wonderful companion that he doesn't need to work at catching mice. It just didn't work that night, so he had to "prove" himself by catching a catnip mouse and presenting it to me. People don't spend too much time with their animals...I'm not saying everyone is this way but those who are don't tune into their companions and get close enough to read their emotions. Being able to work from home has helped me bond so well with all my critters and brought me closer to them. It is so wonderful to be able to be this close to the cats and dogs.
@ElicBxn (60049)
Like Garden, I expected a some what... colder... mouse... Still, that's very sweet of Willy. My cats have a whole lot less pleasant ways of getting my attention (I think I mentioned that Pong peed on me not too long ago because he didn't think I got up soon enough.) Generally they don't bring me things, but Timus and Ping will wash my face, even Oliver will give me "kisses". On the other hand, I have had to take to getting everything OFF my bed because someone/s were stripping the top sheet off my bed every day, and things are the floor are not safe... Now all I leave on the bed is the fitted bottom sheet. I haven't really slept the night with a top sheet anyway, I just keep it in case I get cold - maybe once a week or less.