we drove right past her..

I saw the girl who always calls me when she needs something and we drove right past her. it was so funny because she was crossing the street and looking the other way. a few minutes later my phone rang and it was her. she was telling me she need to go to the pharmacy because she went to the doctor abuout her ear infection. right then I told her i had to go because I was doing something. I was not going to stay on the phone till she asked to borrow money to get her medication. she borrowed money from my mother and never paid it back. she called me a few days ago for milk because her grand child was at her house.
@daisyykm (98)
That is interesting. How can she call you and even borrow money from your mother ? does she know you ?
I knew her for a few years now.
@Jshean20 (14367)
Sometimes people take advantage of others and just call on them when they need something, this definately is not something I would consider friendship at all. I understand that sometimes people need to reach out to others, but when it becomes accessive I see it more as being used when they don't talk to you otherwise.
That is why now I am learning to say no. I also ignore my phone at times to.
@911Ricki (13602)
Maybe, she needs to budget a little better. Her grnadchild can have water to drink from the tap, not necessarily milk all the time. Im sure if she explained it to the pharmacy or even doctor they would help her out. I think you did the right thing especially if she just calls you when she needs something.
@luxlyangels (1286)
This your story is wierd, she has got a grandchild and yet you call her a girl? Interesting. Very interesting I'd say!
As long as she can get other people to meet her needs she will keep asking for them to, and she will not take responsibility for her own action. You really do not need people like that always draining you dry.
@xixiAtom (69)
• Dalian, China
the poor person must be utterly detestable.
I don't have time for such people, because if they take advantage once, and if we allow them to take advantage of us, they'll continue trying. If we keep letting them, they'll try and do it even more, and who knows? This may open you up to be taken advantage of by more people. I'd rather come off as un-approachable, than be constantly hit up for money and supplies by people.
It is a sad but true fact, but there are so many people in the world that are just going to constantly take advantage of other people. To me, it sounds like this girl is one of those people. For me, I try to help other people whenever I can, but there does come a time that I realize that there are some people that are constantly taking advantage of me and when I come to that realization, I won't do anything for those people any more.
She's a real lush.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I hear ya...did you give her milk when she called you..she will probably call you tomorrow for some meds,,,
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Is she really a friend? One of my high school batch mate also has the same attitude always ask something from the people she knew even it is not her friend. I get rid of her when I noticed she always ask me to give her a load without returning it. She also used her child to ask money from other school batch.
It is good that you are learning to say "no" to people who behave like this. You need distance between yourself and the people who would take advantage of your generosity of they could.
hi gifts that woman is a really gross user and has a lot more guts than common sense. I wonder if she ever just pays for her stuff for herself instead of poor mouthing people she feels are friends. that kind of a friend one really does not want. Why does she think the world owes her money for all her needs? surely she can work and pay her own expenses,. ugh.I do not imagine your mother will ever get the loaned money back either.