No Dial tone!

no tone - yeah its been a while now
This is three days Straight NOW! but at some point am enjoying it too because there are annoying telephone ring Of course, if there's no tone, there won't be internet. but this isn't the case, it's either some one forgot to fix the Main line box, or it's our line here. but obviously it's the Main line box because My moms friend had the same problem too. I tried to call last night but the line got cut for unknown reason. I'll make time to go directly to their office and report this problem
@jazel_juan (15767)
I used to have that problem too when we used to have a phone at home.. that was way back when i was in college and it was frustrating as that time i could not receive a call from my bf lol and i would end up sulking if there will be no dial tone.
Hello Jazel_juan, who wouldn't end up sulking if your not getting a call from your boyfriend? well, i would sulk too because back then it's not good when the internet is down, it's like my world had slowed down a little bit. now, it's more convinient and affordable when it comes to the bill.
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes and my mom gets mad at me for it back then
@myfb2009 (8304)
Jazel, you should have a cellphone with you, as an alternative way to contact you. I always maintained two option ways to contact me, whenever possible. Same here, if i didn't get any call from my boyfriend before, i will start feeling sad...
@yugasini (12814)
• Anantapur, India
hi letranknight, once upon a time having Telephone is great, on those days we are not having Telefone facility,so we to go there public booth or others house to call any body, due to repeated complaints of not working, we have removed all land line connections,now all of us are using cell phones only, now i am having 3 cell phones and 5 service providers,have a nice day.
Hello yugasini, that's so sad that you have to remove your land line because it simply doesn't work. well, good luck with relying on the mobile phones, remember to recharge them a couple of days when they're batteries runs out. have a nice day
@yugasini (12814)
• Anantapur, India
hi Letranknight, Thanks for the response, I have bitter experience with Land line phones every time,so i have disconnected those land line phones. I am aware of Cell phone recharging daily i am recharging my cell phone without fail, to avoid disconnection of the service due to battery charging. Have a nice day.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Letran, you are lucky that your internet line is still well although there is no dial tone. I ever came across a few times, similar problems like yours. But luckily, i have my cellphone with me, so i can use my cellphone to call whenever my land-line phone is not doing fine. Hope those officer in-charge will solve your problem soon once you had reported this problem to them.
Hello Myfb, yes we are still lucky it would have been a complete bummer if I have no internet too. it's really awful because when we had our disconnection i had trouble sleeping or doing something else. if there's no telephone by next week i might have to address the concerns to their office personally.
@myfb2009 (8304)
How's your telephone line at this moment? Hope by now, it is alright. Indeed, nowadays internet had been apart of our life.
Hope you get that fixed. If it happened to me, I would go to the office directly. Can't live without the internet even just for a day. It's a necessity on my side.
Hello Toniganzon, Well the internet is fine but the problem is internet, if it's gone then am kinda disabled from the cyberspace. the only place were i can talk to different people is here in the net.
@sacmom (14336)
I've had that happen a few times in the past. The only difference was it usually turned out to be my box. The last time it did and a service guy came out, he asked if my husband was good at wiring things up (I guess he could tell that I was a bit peeved about the whole thing). I told him yes, and he told me that it should be an easy enough fix for someone like him (him being my hubby). That way, if it happened again (and it did) my husband could do it himself. So, when it happened again that is exactly what my husband did. We haven't had any problems since. Happy mylotting!
Hello sacmom, I wished my box hasn't infested with ants yet, almost every thing in the house i see ants walking around. though i have dealt them with pesticide or something, still i believe they can get it done, just not so soon. i am starting to miss those times where the phone ringing. have a nice day
hi LK, This explain why I was not able to contact you
Hello bhabycatch, yeah most definitely, almost every one had a hard time calling us here. i just wish we can do something about it though it's really giving trouble to people who wanted to contact us here.
It is too frustrating one. Since now i do not have such a problem but i had many problems regarding it and at those times i just complaint them to the telephone exchange. This service from the cell operator made me to a good connection at most of the times.
Hello thewonderboy, besides we do pay them a huge load of money to use their services, it's awfully shame to use a scram good for nothing services if it's not worth the us. for now, we have very good internet connection but the landlines need to be fix first hand because this isn't what I paid for
@anex08 (868)
You must report it directly at the concerned department because what if there is an emergency and you cannot access the line which is very much important these days. Problems such as that should be fix at once to avoid further inconveniences. This is the problem nowadays, telephone company are very slow to response particularly if it's about repair and problems in the lines and connections ..
Hello Anex, some one else has reported it already. yesterday that neighbor of ours went to our house and said she'll report the problem. I don't know how long will this last but i believe that if the problem isn't dealt with very soon
@jaiho2009 (39034)
dear LK, Ok, I will call you
if you can jai-sis, unfortunately it's been days now
@rsa101 (13337)
So sorry to hear that you are again having problems with your phone. It is most likely a problem outside of your home or yes you may be right that it is just the box that got the problem. I had that kind of problem years ago and I always get to have some problems with the lineman's availability since there was no one around the house on weekdays to wait for them and weekends is just hard to schedule for them. So I have to keep on following it up via my cellphone to see if they could come on a weekend or not.
Hello Rsa101, what bother me is that when i called them on a payphone it was cut for some reason. that is why this time, am going to their office and report it to them personally. well, If i report it am sure they will come within the couple of days or just call us to see if the box is fix
@Metatronik (5899)
• Pasay, Philippines
What kind of telephone line is that? And what internet provider are you using now if there is no tone in your phone? Sometimes it is annoying that they aren't fixing that problem immediately. Sometimes it takes days before it solved the problem.
Hello Metatronik, it's actually globe telecom, I can't believe i have to report this thing just for them to notice it. well, they do take it days and i didn't like that service but at least the connection is working well, compare to other internet service provider. well, problems always arise in the internet and landline, never changes.
sad to hear about this problem, hope you solved it now as you created this topic 6 days before, now a days most of the persons are using the cell phones, so most of us forget the land line phones and the telephone operators don't give more care for this kind of complaints