What jobs gives you opportunity to travel?

By Vin
We've always dreamed of earning while travelling. This is one of my wishes in life. What jobs do you have in mind?
@caopaopao (5769)
Hi, jvincent, I know my students travel a lot after their graduation from our school, because their major is tourism, and they are future tour guides. They can travel while earn money. It's really a god job for the guys who likes traveling.
Yeah. Is it easy to be a tourist guide? Or to get into this kind of job?
@caopaopao (5769)
Almost 60% of my students can get the Guide qualifications certificate, and it's easy for them to get this kind of job , some students can be tourist guides during the holidays.
Yeah. Thanks for answering. I think there will also be a great competition for tourist guides because they are many of them.
@sk66rc (4261)
There are few jobs that will allow you to travel... Someone mentioned above working for airline... Another one would be cruise line... If you work on cruise ship, you'll get to travel a lot... I knew a guy who was maintanance worker on cruise ships... He's home may be 3 month out of the year... He's always on a ship traveling... I work as a translator... Sometimes I travel out of the country for a job... Once the agency I work for was picked for a large job... Team of 6 translators & interpreters were picked to travel to Korea... It was for manufacturing & supply company in Korea... We were there for 3 weeks & we all had a blast... If you're thinking about traveling with in the country, you might wanna think about transportation... I've heard that cross country truck drivers travel a lot... Then there's cross country bus drivers, like grey hound bus drivers here in U.S... Buyers for certain department stores get to go over seas few times a year... One guy I knew used to go to China a lot because that's where he made a purchase for the company... Then I heard about few college students going over seas for short periods of time to teach English... I knew a kid that used to do that every year... He would go to Korea for 3 month at a time, when he was out of school... He would make enough to get a plane ticket back, and then some... There's also a peace Corp volunteers... You may not get paid as much but you get to travel a lot...
Thanks for the information. Working for cruise ships is also good. But you only get to go home seldom. Yeah. If you're an interpreter and you know a lot of languages, you can find many opportunities.
@deodavid (4150)
a pilot will really get you to earn a lot of money and really get you to different places in the world, flight stewardess well they really get to travel and unlike pilots they have less stress but there job is also not easy. Hmm i think a journalist or those who make documentaries they are the one's that earn a lot and at the same time travel anywhere in the world.
Yeah. I wanted to be a pilot but it takes more than five years to study that profession. How long does it take to be a pilot? Yeah. Journalist earn a lot and travel the world because they write about the places and geography of the world.
@maximax8 (27410)
For a very clever male I suggest becoming a pilot. For a more ordinary or extra special person I suggest becoming a member of cabin crew for a particular airline. The long haul flights are best due to the stop over opportunities. Those sorts of jobs are great for the person that wishes to see many different destinations. Any employee of an airline would get discounted airline tickets. I chatted to two American guys in French Polynesia and they were baggage handlers for an airline at LA. They had come from Texas and then had got jobs in California. A very good career is a teacher of English as a foreign language. The sister of one of my friends did a degree in the history or art in our home country. After a short course in it she went to work as a teacher to English language learners in Spain. Her second job was in Poland and her third job she landed a job in Russia. Now she teaches in a secondary school in my home country. So the teaching abroad led her to a great job in her own country. I worked as a children's nanny in Finland and in Australia. I think nanny work is excellent for trying out living abroad. I recommend going on a working holiday visa. I did that in Australia and had a wonderful time.
Thanks for this very detailed advice. If you want to travel a lot, being involved or working for an airline is a good idea. You can either be a pilot or cabin crew, or you can be a baggage handler and get tickets for discounts. Nanny work is good for working while living abroad. I also would like to get my visa now.
@jazel_juan (15767)
me too Vincent, how i wish i could also travel and see different places. A friend of mine is lucky as she works in an international airlines - Singapore airlines i believe..she gets to travel to different places from Amsterdam, to France, Belgium, Australia..
How lucky is she. hehehehe It's nice to be a crew at an international airline. But if you are in domestic flights, it won't be just as exciting. But at least you get to travel around the country.
@ARIES1973 (9534)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Aside from working in a travel agency as tourist guide, your could try working as a sales agent. This way you could be able to go to other places. Well, reporters can also travel from one place to another.
Yeah. For those three, I think a tourist guide travels more often. Second, would be reporters. Sales agent don't travel a lot, only within the country. Is this correct?
Photography is the one of the best job where you are paid while you travel. While you travel you will be able to collect a large amount of any photos through your camera and selling them gives you the money
Thanks for commenting wonderboy. Are you a photographer? What kind of pictures do buyers want?