Have you ever been to a Pain Management Doctor???

@bjc66bjc (6745)
Actually I had never heard of a doctor with that title..So I was really shocked when my neurologist suggest I see one.. I went yesterday not knowing what to expect, But the doctor was very very nice and explained everything to me where I could honestly understand his language... I have to go back next friday for some Test injections in then nerve area of my back...Not test as in experimential, but test to see if they will help my pain...If that works he will then go back in a burn the nerve which is suppose to eleviate the pain for some months by 70 percent...I'll certainly take that......then once by back is better he well work on my neck.... I am requesting you guys pray for me that everything goes well...
@myfb2009 (8304)
BJ, this is my first time heard about pain management doctor. Is he in the surgery department? When my father in-law went for leg surgery recently, i only heard of many types of specialized doctors available in the surgery department. Hope you are able to recover from your pain with the help of this specialized doctor. Try your best, friend...
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well it good to know I wasm't then only person who never heard of a Pain Management Doctor...I really don't know what branch of meds he come under,,, I went from an Orthopedics surgeon, to a Neurologist, to now a Pain Management Doctor.. I thank you for responding,,,I hope it helps me also...
@sedel1027 (17854)
I haven't but my husband has had a few shoulder surgeries and has been I. Pai since 2009. He has had a pain management Dr for awhile. Doesn't always help him, but he is stubborn lol
@bjc66bjc (6745)
well I certainly hope it helps me....thanks for responding...