I had to weave my daughters hair.

yesterday she called me from a beauty parlor crying on the phone. the woman who was charging her $100 had braided her hair so tight she took 12 pills to get some relief from the pain. I took a cab right over there to that womans shop. I had to let her know if my child's hari falls out we are calling the state board on her. it was so tight if we had taken it out the girls head would be throbbing with pain. I know all about tis because I had a license to do hair once. I told the woman you know no one should leave your shop feeling like this. either way I went to my mothers house and sewed the hair in for her. and it looks great. now my sister wants her hair weaved and my brother wants his wife's hair weave. then my mother said her friend wants her child's hair done. I think I might start doing hair in my house over the winter time. I have room enough to set up a small section for hair. I really want to get my license again too.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Personally this would be a Good thing.. doing hair can bring in some Good money and I have seen many times where just because someone has a license to do so, does not mean they should keep on doing it. I work with someone who is pretty good with doing hair and should get her license as well. But personally I would think if someone is doing someone's hair so tight it makes their head hurt even before they leave their shop then they need to rethink what is important.
She was only thinking of the money she was getting from my daughter and nothing else mattered.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Yes, that is what I thought and that is sad. People like that should not be doing peoples hair.
@jugsjugs (13045)
That is horrid to hear that she was in pain, some people should really not be allowed to get away with doing things like that, as well as you having to put it right.I hope all is well and the pain has gone, now that you have done it. Hope you get your licence back soon.
It is all done now and the pain is going away everyday.
@natliegleb (5186)
that is really hurting to hear,i think your daughter should have told the woman that the hair must be braided softy and with care.these people always try to do in such a way to finish their job.anyways its good to hear you weaved at last,hope you get your license soon
She looks great with her new hair do and it is not hurting her all that much these days.
You obviously have the talent. I would love to see you go back and get your license. I know you got all stressed over Kay the last time you were studying. You two should both go to school and get rid of the old loser she is with.
I can't afford to pay for my classes. I cna buy a book and practise for the exam on my own butI need help for the other test.
I hope you find a way to get it done.
@deodavid (4150)
She deserved that scolding that you gave that woman that did your kids hair, how could have that woman done that kind of thing to a child and let her leave in pain like that, i hope that she has learned her lesson and that you should get your license back this will give you extra income and help you sharpen back your skills for doing hair.
I would just need the money to pay for a book.
Wow that is terrible. I hope that your daughter feels a little relief now from the pain meds and you helping her. I cannot imagine paying someone $100 to do my hair. I would put it up in a bun all the time rather then pay that lol. I hope your daughter gets her money back for what a bad job the woman did to her. I think thats a wonderful idea for you to maybe start doing hair in your home. It will help bring in a little extra money.
That would make me happy as well and I really do need to find some extra money as well.
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
What a strange way to operate a beauty parlor :-( I think it's a good thing if you pick this up again, who knows where it will lead you too. Wish you all the luck!
That would make mevery happy in the long run as well.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Wow that sounds real painful , I can only imagine the pain . I was trying to get my hair braid professionally one day and I was in pain and they told me it would wear off because the style look so cute when I see it . I could not keep the style I had to un-braid it as I get home because it was killing me . I have never had my hair braid professionally since . Good luck on getting your license
Hi friend, good to hear that you solved your daughters issue. Now you turned as a great hair stylist, as you mentioned lot of persons are interested in weaving their hair. All the best for your new profession
@asliah (11149)
hi, sometimes if the beautician mistaken on what she /he do to the customer they usually offer other style usually in the hair,i have encountered that kind of beautician when i was in secondary level,and the offered he asked was really good to my looks.
Would it cost you much to re-establish your license? I think it would be a great idea for you to go into business out of your home. I know people here in Guelph who work out of their homes and they make a pretty good income, and get to stay with their small children. Just make sure that your income won't affect the money you get from the government. Up herein Canada, it would, and if I lived in the equivilent of Secion 8 housing there'd be a real problem!!
Sounds like you are good at it. You might be able to work under a master and take your boards without going to school. My old hairdresser tUght her daughter. She had a master license and taught her daughter everything while never going to school. She had the books and learned e erything else from her mom.
You are right, there is definitely never a time when it is acceptable to be in pain like that after you've had your hair done. As far as setting up a place in your home where you can do other people's hair, I think that sounds like a really good idea. It will be a way that you will be able to make a little bit more money and it will also be something that you do enjoy doing. Also, you really should get your license back soon.