Brown VS White Mushrooms

@911Ricki (13602)
Since I was a kid my parents have always boughten white mushrooms. I never really ate them untilt he last few months and I eat them almost daily. I was at the grocery store and they had both white and brown mushrooms on sale 3 packs for $5.00. I grabbed 2 packs of white mushrooms and 1 pack of brown mushrooms. I just dont know the difference, or do they taste different.
@NailTech (6890)
I don't know if there is a difference. I have only had the brown ones. I would love to be able to try one stuffed one of these days. I do like mushrooms but they are a kind of fungi and sometimes will cause yeast infections so I stear clear of them that often. Once in a great while I will eat them on a pizza or heat them up with some roast beef and onions.
@911Ricki (13602)
I've never heard of them causing yeast infections before. I love making stuffed one, around this time the white mushrooms are decent sized, I cut the stems out. Mix together cream cheese, salt, pepper, zuchini, onion,and mushroom together, then stuff then, bake them. They are so delicious, I could eat them everyday.
Thre is no difference in taste and the cook up to look the same.
@911Ricki (13602)
The brown mushrooms are a little tougher than the white ones.