Do you prefer taxi or public transport system?

@Oktavist (396)
Romania
What would you choose between taxi and public transport system? For me,it depends.If I have to go somewhere far and time is on my side,I can fully trust the public transport system.The advantage of it is that it's rather cheap,and it does the job.The disadvantage of using it is that it can take up more time until it reaches the destination.Also,using the public transport you are "forced" to be near other people who you might not like. The taxi is great for rather short distances,if the time presses you.It can reach in locations way faster than the public transport.This would be the advantage.The disadvantage of using the taxi is the price.It can be very expensive sometimes. What would you choose,then?Taxi or public transport?
@Jshean20 (14373)
I would normally choose taxi over public transporation as I find it more reliable. With public transporation they can run late in turn causing me to be late for whereever I need to be. Also, I've encountered some scary people on public transporation that I feel uncomfrtable sitting beside, I don't run into this issue on a taxi.
@Oktavist (396)
Yes,a public transport system can eat more of your time.But it can't run very late.Public transport drivers have a graph that they need to maintain,so it's safe to say that they won't linger in a station more than they should.But you are right,you are more likely to encounter many problems using the public transport than the taxi.
It depends on the situation. Like for me, I go for the public transport system on a daily basis because its cheaper.However if I am late for work or if I am wearing something special for an event then I prefer to ride a taxi for convenience and to maintain my perfect look for the event.
@Oktavist (396)
Yes,if I happen to wear something special or expensive,I would most likely use a taxi.In the public transport,it could easily get ruined. I ind that in the public transport,however strange it would sound like,you can make friends,with whom you can talk to until you arrive to your destination.
@Raine38 (9117)
I got it the other way around compared to yours. When it's just a short distance, I prefer the public transport since then I wouldn't have to spend more time beating the traffic and waiting for stops and people to get on and off. But if it's a long drive, I prefer a cab where I will be comfortable and the driver can take the back roads and shortcuts.
@Oktavist (396)
Well,yes,it is more comfortable in the taxi.Can't doubt that.You're not annoyed that it does to stops.And yes,he may know mnay shortcuts that you probably didn't know. The only downside,at least for me,is the price.Maybe I don't have that much money to go by cab,so then I must be OK with public transport..
@mermaidivy (15416)
I think I would prefer taking taxis over other public transportations if I could afford to do it all the time especially I have two kids, going out with strollers and diaper bags and stuff, it is easier to take a taxi than sharing a vehicle with everybody.
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
Hi Oktavist, when I am single and studying I preferred to take the taxi because my books are very heavy and do not want to be late in my class. But now that I am married and doing my best to save money I preferred public transportation which more cheaper and comfortable too. But I have some plans or meeting i made sure to take more alloted time in transportation so that I can be in my meeting ahead of time.
Well for me i dont have to wait for a taxi or a public transportation system. I would rather take my own vehicle and drive to were i have to go to. I know there is a public transportation system wher ei ive but only goes to certain stops and places in the town i live in. I dont work in the same town i live in and therefor i have to have my own vehicle. I think its cheaper to just take my own vehicle and get to were i have to go and do my errands and get to work. I know there are taxis around here too but why waste my work money on getting a taxi rather then using my own vehicle.
@Paper_Doll (2376)
I just take a cab whenever I have baggage with me or I am in hurry. But normally, I take public transportation. I am okay with it.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Taxi here in my area is not that much important not only if we go on the place where the military bases were located before. Normally public transport are the best way for me. But when I'm in the city I'm feel safer when I'm in the taxi rather on the public transport.