Mrs. Robredo laughed off calls for Senate RUn

Hello Lotters, Typical politicians, they wanted her to take the famous death of her husband as a way to run for the senate. which is totally absurd, they wanted to use her for their own self interest. Well, am glad she's smart enough not to accept it. besides, her brothers and sisters in law can finally run their business now that their brother is gone. Just imagine the sacrifices that they have done to keep a good name. Speaking of good name, they are doing a great job too
@rsa101 (16076)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Well I do not know if Atty. Leni would since the time Jesse had governed as the City Mayor her wife remained a private citizen and was never encouraged by his husband to run for any political position even the lowly councilor of the city she did not touch it at all. I do not know now that Jesse is not around to stop her but I think the Robredo brothers and sisters have vowed that their brother is the first and last to join politics. I am kinda 50-50 on this one since I am not expecting anyone in their clan to join the political bandwagon anymore.
Hello Rsa101, because it's not easy to be in our politics, too much showy and showbiz to boot just for popularity sake. I don't think she wants to knowing she has a job already and some of her siblings never to join politics. besides, this is the kind of family tht others should follow. unfortunately, this is something noynoy didn't follow
@rsa101 (16076)
• Quezon City, Philippines
That is my suspicion as well although if you are an ambitious kind of person you might get tempted to join in and ride the popularity her husband is carrying right now. She could just grabbed it and take this opportunity for her. But I do not know if that has sinked in her mind already. If we are to see her qualification she has the capability of carrying the good name of Jesse into politics as well. But on the other hand, if she would heed his husband wishes I guess she would never touch or try to run in politics. Even after the end of Jesse's 3 terms she was invited to run as replacement for Jesse and they decided no to run and Jesse just waited for another one term to pass to be eligible to ran again. He chose to study abroad rather than stay in the political arena. As for Noynoy, I do not know about it but seeing him he has no siblings in the government right now and it seems that no one wants to follow his thread except maybe Kris.
What the woman did was wise and sensible. The thing that is somewhat ridiculous is that Jesse is being compared to Ninoy and maybe Leni will be another Cory. I don’t think both people will want to be compared to those famous but also good icons. They are good as they are. I really cannot understand (albeit slightly) what was going on to people who advocate this issue. Jesse and Leni are perfect examples of people who are better left alone and they work without the fanfare and frills. It is simply not them. It’s out of their nature, I guess. Some people just want them to run and perhaps, see them fail in the future.
Hello Jeanne, you didn't need to be too intelligent to refuse such offer. maybe it would have been better too if Cory had refuse such offer then. they think it's the trend, but unfortunately, not all people can be that opportunist. well, i think they prefer other people anyways. have a nice day