start a list

@savypat (20248)
I read so many discussion where the bottom line is frustration. A way to help yourself is to make lists, of wants, of needs and of goals. Even sometimes of just day to day duties. Once you have written these down, review them and give them a number, starting with the most important as number one. When you are reviewing them you may find that a great deal of your time is spent doing things that really you didn't need to do and are just a waste of time. Another thing you can see is if you are keeping your goal in sight or if it just disapears in the everyday demand of your time. All of these things will allow you to have a feeling of control over your life. Do this once a week for awhile and always keep your lists. You'll be able to see how you change. As you look at your life this way, it may completely change your point of view or maybe just clarify what is going on. At least it will allow you to feel you are doing something, not just feeling totally out of control. Most of our world and life cannot be conrolled by us, but we can at least get a look at what is happening to us and maybe make a small change. Blessings
@WakeUpKitty (8709)
• Netherlands
Great advise! I agree with you that lists can make your life so much easier. But also it might open your eyes. Ask yourself what you are willing to give up too if you read your wishes and goals. Since everything has it's price. Also ask yourself if you do have the courage to fight for it plus write a time-limit behind it when you want to reach your goal. Stay focused on your goal, don't get focused on everything in between. To be honest I think most people are not willing to fight for what they want at all. They complain because they like to complain. They are way too lazy or too much a coward or too comfortable with the life they live/the life they know to give up and fight for what they say it's their deepest wish. Most people over here do know what is wrong (they are all able to write down very clearly what their problem is) but just need some other people to make the choice/decision for them.
@ryanong (9697)
• Vietnam
Umh, i never write down anything on a paper i just think of what i do a day before i go out and then after dinner i may write some items i bought in a day (i just have this habit since i want to save more money) You suggestion is not bad but a guy who is lazy like me, even want to do it but i can't...i may do it 1 day and then give it up forever...
I love to make lists, I have since I was a little kid. Even when I was very young for fun I had a to do calendar, just the other day I felt a strong urge to make a list of what I wanted to accomplish. Its strange that I feel I have to write these things down even if they are small things I know I will remember. I think writing it down and reading it on paper helps to get it done.
@inertia4 (27000)
I am not a fan of paper lists. I do make some lists on the computer and my iPhone. What I do find out with lists is that even though they are designed to organize our life, they sometimes have a way of getting in the way. I also find that sometimes we dwell on those lists too much. And thus getting less done. I try and keep a mental note of things that need to be done. But aside from all that, when it is time to do something on that list we, or at least me, does not feel the need to accomplish because something else came up that I deem more important. So, lists for me are not the thing to do.
@riyauro (6431)
Well making a list is very good idea and I hope people learn it. i am doing something like this and it helps me achieve my goals. Have a wonderful day ahead.