I have insurance and can't find a dentist..

life suck for us all. I have insurance and can't find a dentist that will take it to make me some partials. I have to go online tomorrow and look around some more. It makes me so mad to get on the phone and tell someone I have medicare and they say oh,we don't take that. how in the hell will I get teeth without someone taking it. life sucks right now. I want to chew like every body else. I could not eat my apple today. the one tooth I ate with was yanked out last week. now Ionly have my front teeth. what a load of crap to deal with.
@911Ricki (13602)
Here we dont have medicare but it wouldnt be classified as insurance. I dont have insurance, unless you get a really good job. So when I go I try to stick to the basis, and get looks when asked if I have insurance even with doctors. But usually I get discounts because it costs so much, and since the government doesnt help us out you have to fend for youself. Many companies will give so much off for exampls I saved like $15 at the dentist, and on my prescription last month was $10 its better than nothering. My Mom had to get her teeth done up, she paid 30 thousand (let me rephase that my Dad took his money that is suppose to be for his lef and paid for her teeth and they still arnt any better). I have the best teeth out of my family, and Im the only one who goes to the dentist yet the rest of them all have insurance and I dont (they get it free of 80% paid for - I would be going every 6 months if I had that).
I can't imagine not having anything to cover the costs. I know I paid cash to get a few of my teeth pulled. that was over $200 for each of them.
@911Ricki (13602)
Many take insurance for grated. I had it while in college only covered $3,000 in medication, and 1 dental cleaning a year but its was amasing. I get my eye check free because OHIP covers it because I have a disease so my eye doc wants me in yearly (or else it would be I believe $85 or $95). I put so much away for medication, dental, and so on but many times its more than that. I just paid $129 on a cleaning and checkup on my teeth I have to go back next week which I wasnt planning on, then my presciption is the same day so thats going to be at least $200.00 out of my pocket.
As far as I know Medicare and Medicaid do not pay for dentures. I found a site a while back that helped with dental problems, but it is just like they think that no one really needs their teeth. It is awful.
I'M not sure what Medicare pays for. They didn't pay any of my dentures. That might be something your man can help you with. He does a lot of your wants, he might could help with some of your needs. You are lucky that he wants to help with things.