Crying also is a relief

@aejey322 (1006)
Sometimes when you worry too much, and you focus so much on your problems, you tend to burden yourself and keep yourself off from being happy. If you're naturally a happy person though, you can still give time to enjoy but at the end of the day, you're back in thinking about your problems again. I have experienced this recently. I am having some problems on finances. Everytime I attempt to discuss it with my husband, it seems like something is blocking me from doing it. Like one time, I was about to tell him about it but he suddenly told me that he needs some cash to repair the car brakes... or he runs short of his pay because the company charged him the medical taxes when our son got sick. until I decided to keep it to myself, and find a way on my own. One night, the thoughts kept on bothering me again until I couldn't control myself but to cry. He noticed me crying and immediately asked me why. Now I got the chance to tell him everything. He laughed at me at first and said I should have told him about it. I should not keep it to myself because it may have caused me to become ill. He kept on joking about it just to lighten up the moment and to make me stop from crying. We had a heart to heart talk. Though we still haven't found a final solution to the problem, but letting it all out gave me such a big relief. It's like an oxygen underwater. It made me breathe after I struggled for air...
@toyota4k (1212)
Crying or shedding tears is beneficial. It refreshes your self, loosens the lungs and calms you down. crying makes us feel better because it releases stress relieving hormones. That's why I love to cry. lol.
@toyota4k (1212)
And it's bad to ward off your tears because instead of tears cleaning and moistening the eyes, those salty drops that need to excrete tend to remain w'in.
@fatlex06 (895)
I learned in a psychology class that crying is a way to clean our eyes, so even without any reason, you can let yourself cry. But ofcourse, it's much better if you have some reasons for other people might not think that you're crazy. I really believe that crying can make us feel better. Just base on my own experience, and sometimes it makes us feel strong. :)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I absolutely love the last two sentences you have written there and it sums up - perfectly - the feeling of "letting it all out" by crying. Over here we call it "bottling up your emotions" then "letting go" once the crying begins. I have done this a few times and it helps enormously for helping to break down barriers in communication - with a partner especially. I hope you feel much better now.
Hi friend, you are right, some times we get our relief with our tears, surely crying is a great relief and make our heart to be light and free from the problems, good to know your hubby melts with your tears and you had a great time after your crying activity, most of the women's are using tears as their weapon and achieve a lot of things with it
Crying is one of the things that remind us who we are as a person. One of the best ways to know somebody is to find out the matters that he/she has cried over sincerely, this one fact can tell you everything you need to know about a person. And some of the times I've cried I felt like a better person, someone who has gained experience and can better understand life's problems.
@savypat (20246)
A marriage like a partnership should have no secrets between for these relationships to be successful. You have just learned a valuable lessson, especially when trouble strikes, a problem shared puts two heads together to solve it instead of one head trying to handle the whole thing alone.
@nupur123 (392)
• Hyderabad, India
Yes it is as if u have any worries or if u very sad for someting u should always cry because by doing thisu get relief and all ur troubles go out in form if tears . But if u r in worry or sad and u don't do this it can make u more even sick because according to doctors if u keep such thing inside u and do not share or cry it will weaken u from inside .
yes, it helps us lot, brings a great relief, we feel very light , as if some big burden has gone away, you did you did the right thing in sharing , that also helps us a lot
@vipline (134)
• Greece
Crying sometimes proofs to be relaxing and also a really big relief!I sometimes cry and i feel really pleased that i did!
So true...crying does help a lot. Earlier today, I just couldn't take all the bad things that's been happening to me lately at work. And I am starting to give up and just wanted to quit, but for the first time in quite a long time, I just cried. And it was nice that my partner was beside me to comfort me. We really didn't talk that much about it afterwards, but I know that he knows what's been bothering me. Lately, I have been complaining about a lot of stuff concerning my day job and the people I work with that at times, I just wanted to resign and try to find another job. I rant about it all the time and he listens to me. And when I couldn't take it anymore, I cried and he just hugged me. Now, it feels a lot better to have let it out. Crying is a big help just as you said, especially when you can't seem to take it anymore. It's not a weakness but for me it's a sign of strength of character. On the other hand, crying all the time, is never a good thing.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
Crying is a great way to relieve oneself from heaviness of the heart. Yes, no matter how we tried to keep ourself strong and want to carry the burden alone, there are times that we need someone to talk too. Especially when it comes to family matters. See, it's not your personal problem,, but about your and your family's finances. Good to know that you were able to share and open it to your husband. Wish everything will be fine soon
Indeed you feel less burdened after crying. Sometimes it is a real need of a person to sit and let his or her emotions flow in the form of tears. It does not solve the problem but yes it makes you calm and cools your head giving you the power of at least fight the problem. A person should not excessively tolerate his negative emotions and crying gives him the path for doing so.
@caopaopao (8566)
Hi, aejey Crying is a healthy way to bring relief to our anxiety. We go through a lot every day. And eventually it becomes too much for us to deal with. Crying will make us feel better. I think it is one of the best ways to let go our feelings inside. I think holding our feeling is not good for our health. I always cry when I feel depressed, I just can't hold it. Every time I do it, I feel better. Our females are really more sensitive than males. Have a nice day, friend!( Don't worry about that financial problem, your husband will solve it together with you sooner or later.)
Crying is a part of releasing the pain from within. After which, things are fine. It is a part in life that we feel frustrated.
@simonelee (2718)
Crying is a big help. When we can't tell anyone about what we feel or what we're going through it will help us relieve and lessen the burden. But, telling what we feel inside is much better especially in your situation. For me you don't have to solo that financial thing since you are married,you have a husband for richer and poorer, so both of you need to find a solution. It's not an "I" thing, it's "We". You have to remember that. Have a great day.