Despite of the CCTV's

Yeah, even though they have security, some people who does this criminal act isn't looking afraid of it. This proves that times are tough and people will do anything to get money. even beggars who collects trash tends to steal Steel stuff just to sell it off some big bucks. didn't care about the CCTV at all. or even to some customers who steals money from the canteen or laptop in some one's dorminatory. we are going to be careful too even though we have no CCTV. Criminals have so much guts now, people are not afraid anymore because there is no strict rules
@julyteen (13265)
• Davao, Philippines
Although it can help to identify the theft but we still have to be careful even we have CCTV in our house. If you saw the news last time some gang enter to a subdivision and took the money from a family worth 50,000 pesos. At the end one of the gang member caught by the authority but they succeed already steal money.
Hello Julyteen, Not even the house of the reporter was saved. I haven't seen him in months now in the news lately. Those are children and indeed they were able to enter his house and stole everything.fifty thousand pesos is definitely a lot of money, you could put it in the savings account not opening it until specified year you wanted to. have a nice day.
@julyteen (13265)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes you are right. There is no excuses of who you are in the public. Even prominent people also a victim of this kind of modos.
@asdomencil (4276)
Though there already CCTV but there is no one who keeps on monitoring the videos, it is for me useless. Having CCTV, there must be someone or the monitor must be placed where the store owner of establishment owner have the full access of the live videos. In this case, when there are someone stealing, they can be immediately reported to guards and can caught the stealers immediately.
Hello Asdomencil, That's another negative points on the CCTV, I guess it's another expense on the electric bill if it's not monitored. But you know, if it's recorded then it's an added points there. well, I can't help but judge some poor who is near your neighbor or your house. too bad though security is laxing on different areas. Have a nice day.
Just what I said, having CCTV can really help if there are some instances that needs to investigate, however, it is already late since the event has been done and the only thing you will do is to determine the suspects and have it caught. But if you have someone who monitored the CCTV, the suspect can be easily caught on that day.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Letran, nowadays life is getting tough so people start getting brave to do anything just for money. They don't even care about their own life anymore. In their mind, they just want to fulfill their wish in getting more money for themselves and families. Same goes for my area here, everyday there are crimes everywhere although those areas are being monitored by CCTV. Seems like, nobody scare of the CCTV at all. Perhaps there are other better ways for crime prevention...
Hello myfb, because they felt so down on themselves and their own dignity that they tend not to care a long as they get money and then fill their stomach. I think if there is such thing as crime fighting force more than a hundred thousand in our country, there's no way that we can stop the crime. with the rise of poverty comes with the rise of criminals from adults down to the children. Have a nice day.
Yes, i have seen a lot about those crimes. These CCTV cameras are not a deterrent to these criminals. And to think , even young children steals!
Hello Simplyd, I am not surprise with the children because they do live in poverty and the parents who brought them into this world doesn't understand family planning and no plans for the future. I am sure they don't know what to do with their children, that's why they just allow them to go out side, sad though they are badly influence in the streets. be careful seeing one and have a nice day.
@yahnee (1250)
These criminals no longer care about CCTV's whether it has caught their profile. While it has certainly done much for the police to catch the criminals, I doubt if everyone has been apprehended no matter if their faces were all over the TV news. They simply don't care. Did you see that burglar who even dared to pose in front of the CCTV while he was about to enter the room of a dorm? What we need to do is to be more careful. What I am worried about are the children whom we think to be innocent enough because of their young age but have learned to steal and commit crimes because they cannot be incarcerated. At a young age, they already have the guts to do criminal acts. Is it because of poverty or the lack of police visibility? Do businesses still have to purchase CCTV's or just hire security guards?
Hello Yahnee, they lack man power and that's a fact why they can't catch them. What's more sad about this is that there are also crook and corrupt cops. the guy is nuts to even look at the camera, maybe he thinks it was not working, but it does. not every one has the guts to do what he did, some people should just rethink what they do because it's really gonna get them into trouble. though we have barangay tanod system, still lacks visibility. not every one has money to pay for security. have a nice day.
@rsa101 (13337)
Well actually CCTV can just warn others that they are being monitored but of course cannot really stop a crime from happening. I guess they are already aware of that risks and for some reasons they really have to do it to fill in their stomachs perhaps. The only thing that we potential victims can do is really to secure our place that no one can find ways to access our homes and businesses. When handling money or cash we should not leave them in an area where people can see it and get it easily. CCTV can only record the event but cannot really stop a crime from happening.
Hello Rsa101, Indeed but unfortunately we can't afford to have a CCTV right now, but seeing these events, makes you wanna avoid going at night and opening locks same night. Yeah I have been securing the house at early before midnight so that no one would try to attempt to have us victimized. you're right all money should be put to somewhere safe and can't be known. Have a nice day.
@visavis (5945)
If we are looking around us we cannot blame the situation because only one reason I always see and cause of all these poverty and lack of family oriented. You can see not really strong and very tough - in the news CCTV caught those criminals are all teenager. The other one just today he looked up to the CCTV camera that not really worry. So expect more in Phillipines not only FUN but also ADVENTURE.. LOL
Hello Visavis, It's sad that people are in poverty are being provoke to do this simply because they can't get a job. well, i don't like the idea of being adventurous simply because of these criminals. though, it would be fun to find and kick their butts but unfortunately, i don't want to end up getting killed. have a nice day
@jaiho2009 (39084)
dear LK, Crime is everywhere, bad people are just around the corner waiting for the right time to attack. We need to be very careful and vigilant or else we will fall as prey. Too bad that these bad,lazy people wants to get money in easy way...:xxx
Hello Jaihosis, Yes crime is everywhere now even at our neighborhood here. despite of the patrols, and the police and barangay stations nearby, some still manages to do crime. Yes, we have to be very vigilant now and that is why am not sleeping that early at night because of the noises I hear. though it's usually the cats that walks the roofs, I do my best to be sure that it won't be the robbers.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I saw that on the news LK crime rate now is everywhere just to Have money they don't care about the risk that they will be catch because there is proof of cameras. As the news reporter said the owner is confident having a camera thats why they are not attending their things.
Hello lynboobsy, Yeah it seemed that they are really desperate to accomplished what they came to do. some even foolishly look at the camera and then steal what ever think they can steal. I still think this is due to hunger and then no employment, they need to have money to buy food and remain in shelters. but we have to be careful because every thing because it concerns our safety. have a nice day.
@asliah (11149)
hi, actually in my observation even though they know that there are CCTV cameras they will only hide their face and do crime in an establishment or even in a residential area.people now a days are very aggressive in terms of money.
Well,you can't help it when people get really brave and arrogant even though they know where is a camera looking at them. Perhaps , they are so confident that they will not caught by the authorities. Then again, I don't know if the authorities will have the time to arrest them.