I am tired of being in cold rooms.

I don't know what is going to happen when my a.c gets put in friday. I know I can't take the cold air so I might not have any company over my house. I went to my mother's to take her some medication and I did not go inside. her air runs 24-7. I can't be bothered with freezing just to sit and talk. so,I came home to where the windows are opened and I can feel good. Watch my soaps and mylot with my friends.
Most new AC units have temperature gauges on them where you can set it to the temperature that is most comfortable for you. No one says you have to freeze in your own home. We have ours set high - just enough to pull the humidity out of the air and it is comfortable. Instead of turning it down to make it colder if we are a little uncomfortable we'll turn on the ceiling fan and it helps move the cool air in the house around.
I am getting mine tomorrow and I hope this is true for me as well. because over the weekend it will be very hot here.
I don't like being hot. If it is cold I can dress better to stay warm. Better to be cold than hot. That's me.
My mom can't be in a hot room either that is why it is good she does not pay a light bill. she can run it all day and night.
@subhojit10 (7384)
yes natural air is the best air that we should always have around us. But due to the global warming, air conditioners have become the need of the hour but they also come with a host of health ailments that cannot be avoided. It is always better to make ourselves available for fresh air and make our rooms airy. What say?
That is why I like to keep my window open here at home. I like the fresh air that comes in evry day and night. take care.
@911Ricki (13602)
Where I pet sit they have it so cold Im usually in pants, and a sweater. At night I have a steaming hot shower Im beat red getting out, and it helps a little. But Ive never had ac while growing up and even in college it was included in the rent I never touched it.
That is hot it is in the south for some people as well. I had air every where I lived.
@911Ricki (13602)
I couldnt survive in the states and countries that have hot humid weather all the time. I even find the weather ridiculous here, and it doesnt compare to some of the weather out there.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I'm with you on this one! As you know I live in Puerto Rico but I too can't deal with the AC. So we live in our house with ceiling fans and two standing fans along with the windows open 24/7 all year. That is enough for me. If I go to a restaurant or store I have to carry a light jacket because the AC is just to much for me to deal with in these places. To much cold air on me and I get sick with fever and cold. My hubby tells me if you want AC I can put it in I keep saying I'm ok if I get too hot I can take a cold shower.
That is good as well that he is willing to live withoutone as well. adrain needs the air all the time when it is humid.
We'v never had air conditioning at home. I don't miss it. I don't like being too cold, and I don't like the noise they make. I don't really care fir them in cars either.
adrain car is so cold sometimes it is not funny. I was good without air in my car this summer.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well when your ac get installed its just going to be installed. You still don't have to have it on...But visit your mom for a little while and then head for home like you are doing...I am sure she understand you don't like the A C as much as she does....