I went to the doctor today,

this was the first time he saw me since the weight loss and it was so nice to see him. He looked in the folder and saw I was on thyroid medication as well. He asked if I was on it now and I told him no. He then wanted to know how I was eating. I told him I eat chicken every now and then and the rest of my meals are fruits or salads. I told him I eat fruit for breakfast,lunch or dinner. it does not matter to me. so,he said I was doing good with that. just make sure I get some proteins. He took blood to check for my thyroid condition and so many other things. I got on the scale and I am 169. that means I lost 6 pounds and now i have 9 more pounds to go. my zumba dvd came today so I will working out tonight with it. stay healthy everyone..
Kudos for the weight loss. It's hard to Lise and keep it off. After about 3 years it is easy to gain after gastric bypass.
There is another process to help people who had this and gained weight. I will find out the name and get back to you. they go in through your throat.
@fannitia (2170)
• Bulgaria
Hi, Gifts, this is great! Not only the weight loss but I think that you sound cool and in better health. Keep like that!
I am hoping to be able to eat like this in the winter months as well.
@Tina30219 (32723)
• Onaway, Michigan
Congratulations on the weight loss and enjoy your new zumba dvd.
Thanks very much and have a great day too.
That is good news! Congrats to you! Losing weight is tough for a lot of people, myself included. I weighed just over 250 lbs before I got pregnant with my daughter. The day I went into labor with her I weighed 286 lbs! She is now almost 5 months old and I am back down to about 250 but I would definitely love to lose a lot more weight. I was recently told that I will have to have my gall bladder removed. It's causing me unbearable pain and there are some days when the pain is so bad I can't even move. I'm starting to learn what types of food to avoid because some things seem to trigger the pain. The doctors have told me to stay away from greasy, fatty foods, lettuce, hotdogs, and bologna. I've tried to work other fruits and vegetables into my diet which isn't too hard. The hardest part is trying to keep myself from eating when I get bored or right before bed. I wish you good luck with your weight loss goals and hopefully I can start to lose the pounds myself! :)
You can do it is you can eat more veggies and fruit and less meat. I gave up beef and started losing the weight.
@vipline (134)
• Greece
Sounds good!I wish you loose those 9 pounds and get really fit one day!
I will be working my hardest to do it. I eat right and stopped snacking as well.
You are doing great...a good bill of health is a nice pat in the back and when the scale shows a lower number it is a thrill too. You didn't mention vegetables...they are important to consume too for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Just remember since you have an issue with your thyroid you need to stay away from foods high in iodine such as cabbage as well as Asian or Chinese vegetables. They have an affect on the thyroid and can counterbalance the hormones.
I never knew this about cabbage and food like it. I need to get more info on this because I can't afford to gain weight. thanks very much.
These vegetables won't cause weight gain like any other vegetable but they do have properties that interfere with thyroid problems. You are not currently on thyroid medication so you should be okay eating them. But if your thyroid problem is borderline to taking medication it is wise to stay away. If you do take a thyroid supplement than you should avoid them. Something in those two types of vegetables can break down the hormone in the medication and cause it to not provide you with its full effects. That defeats the purpose of taking the medication for that portion of your thyroid that isn't producing the proper amount needed for your body. I have to take medication for my thyroid daily for the rest of my life because I don't have a thyroid gland at all. So this was explained to me so my body won't start shutting down because I am not getting the hormone needed to survive from the pill. Always a good idea to check on your next visit what foods might affect your thyroid when you know you have a problem and are being cared for and tested regularly. Your doctor will be glad to explain their affects and give you a list when you ask. They love it when you seek information that will benefit your health. They know you are just as concerned about yourself and not just leaving everything up to them.
I go back in two weeks and I will be sure to ask about these. I am grateful to you for sharing this with me. I would not want anything to cause me to gain weight and my thyroid does this when it is off balanced.
Congratulations! You are doing very well. I am debating whether or not to buy a Zumba dvd myself or join a group. Of course it would be cheaper in the long run to purchase a copy than join a group, but I tend to do better in a group than alone.
The live classes are great and I loved going to the gym for them. I take zumba classes near my house. but,it is about to get cold so I bought the dvd. I just did my first workout and will do it again before I take my shower. I am going to buy a dvd player so I can get all the workoutsand get some friends to come over and work out with me.
• Marion, Kansas
It is good to have regular check ups and monitor things like that. I am glad this was a good experience. So many people have a hard time with their doctors these days. You do still eat shrimp sometimes as well, right?
I eat shrimp and craps when we go to the buffet.
That's great, gifts! I agree you should put some type of protein in every meal if you can (I know you've been eating a lot of peaches - hee hee). I think a lot of things in life are going your way now . . . congrats!
Yes,I eat a lot of peaches and now I added cherries and pears to that list.
That's great to hear. I know it made you feel good to see that you were making progress. That's sounds like a good idea including fruit to your meals. I love fruit and have been looking for a way to cut down calories. The only thing is that I also love working out, and I don't think just eating fruits and salads would keep me full. I've heard a lot of great things about the zumba dvd. I haven't tried it myself yet though. I'm not really big on workout dvds. I tend to lose interest rather quickly. I do much better running on the treadmill or taking a walk/jog in the park. Good luck with Zumba!
@jenny1015 (13390)
Hey, giftsandbagscom! Glad that you are okay and doing great with your zumba. Keep it up! (I envy you!)
@911Ricki (13602)
You do eat healthy in the sense you eat a lot of fruits and veggies. But I dont think its healthy to standard. I dont know how you funtion with eating so little. Maybe, because I went not being able to eat and anything I did would give me diarhea so now I dont staarve myself or not allow myself food, which I stil get flare ups. I know what its like to eat s little, I use to eat chicken a piece of lettuce and yogurt. I felt like crap, and everything was low and endangering me I was red flagged and was blood work galour for months having needles of this or that. Even now not having such a bad flare up for 2 years I still suffering from it.