It's good to put your family first..

tomorrow,I have to take $100 to a family member who is in need of extra money. and tonight I had to also loan someone my last $80 and she is going to pay me back next month. she said for me to come back and get the money because we were talking tonight and we got on the subject of food and I said,I had not shoped in months. she was like please come get your money. I said no you need it more than me. and then she asked if I was eating fruit because I could not afford food. then I said no it is because I don't get sick from eating it. so,she felt better about the money. sometimes we have to put family first.
@Raine38 (9117)
Yes, family first. But it would be wonderful if we can strike some sort of balance. We help family whatever we can spare after we have addressed our own needs. Our luxuries can wait, but not family, especially if they're really really in dire need.
Hon, don't you think you ought not loan money right now? You were talking about getting a table set, and then you are worried your Medicare would be cut and you wouldn't have money. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, not in any way. It just seems like you might be setting yourself up for more financial trouble.
@chum24 (569)
absolutely right!! family first before others. family always their for us whenever we need them.they are always caring and loving family.after i will take the board exam i will take care of them like what they did to me. and give them money if i have work soon.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I agree, sometimes it is great to put family first, especially when they are kind enough and caring enough to say "come get it, I'll survive without it." I've never loaned that much money to someone, though I have paid a parking ticket for a friend of mine when we were on vacation once... and I've paid for her insurance as well.
@asliah (11149)
hi, in terms of money matter in family we should think first our family,and because my family is a family oriented and we really give significant on it,so if who of us have much money will help those member who need it,like in my family we usually give and take,no selfish.
• United Arab Emirates
That is nice behavior, if all family members would have been helping this way, i don't think there would have been too much poor people or beggars on the street begging. You are about to do a great job, in the first place, you are going to be having good respect from them and you will also be rewarded by God
I know it's good to put family first, but there cones a point when family, friends, abd neighbours take advantage of a kind heart. I help if I can, but only if I'm sure to be taken care of, first, by my own income.