she asked to borrow my whole check.

Today,I was just finished online paying my rent and other bills and I was left with $40 and so,my phone rang and it was sharon calling to ask a favor. I asked what was the problem and she said,she needed to borrow $700 from me. lord help me that would be all my money. so,I told her i could not do it because it was all the money I had. later I went to her house with the $40 and told her she could borrow that and should ask people for smaller amounts that would help her better. I sure hope she gets the money it is for a dire situation. I am glad I paid my bills because for the reason she needs it I would have risked it and loaned it to her. but,she has only a job paying her $80 a week howcan she repay such a loan.
• Marion, Kansas
I am glad you had already paid your bills as well. You are such a softy you would have given it to her. You have to quit doing this. I cannot imagine anyone having the guts to ask to borrow your whole check, though.
Me either but her husband needed 2000 for his aids medication.
he gets it free after he brings in his pay stubs. they need two and only got one. he now has to wait for a few days to get them approved for free.
Your government should help her through a decent medical care.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I understand you are such a giving person and always risk your self for helping others... But you have to be realistic..There should be no reason for you to loan anyone your entire check, thats just not reasonable.. You said it, if she only makes $80.00 a week, there is no way she can pay you back $700.00 in 3 years....Don't get yourself in a bind like that...Don't do it.....
She would have done her best I am sure. She would never do me like that. but,I know she does not have the money right now either.
bj and gifts give her your love not all your money you are too kind too giving but listen to Bj as she is right.she just cannot pay you back that kind of money.lets pray your friend can get a better paying job and correct her own problems.
@sid556 (31018)
I have to agree with Hatley and BJ on this. Why would you even cosider giving her 700.00 when you are on assistance yourself? Honestly, I could not even spare 40.00 right now to hand out to a friend or aanyone. She may have the best of intentions but 80.00 a week is really nothing and even less if she has to pay you back.
@911Ricki (13602)
I could never ask anyone for money, or I would pay them back right away. A lady I use to work with asks everyone for money, she will never pay them back. When she asks me for money I ignore her. If I cant afford it, and skimming by I wouldnt give away my last $40.00 knowing I wouldnt get it back, but then I have bills thorughout the month, and things may come up causing me more money so I always want money there.
I don't ask anyone for money eithr and thank god my bills are paid. Now,if she paid me back I will just put that on my couch set. if not she just can't ask for another dime from me.
You are so generous, gifts. If I had only $40 on me, I know I couldn't give it to anyone or let them borrow it (especially since I know I would most likely not be getting it back). I always think I need my emergency stash in case anything happened - and I don't want to be stuck in a position where I would have to ask someone else for money (my gawd, I would never have the nerve to ask someone to borrow their entire check!). It's nice you helped her out for this dire situation, but what will happen the next time she needs the money for her husband's meds or anything else?
He will get them in a few days and some how they would have paid back the money. but,that would have caused rent to be late and everything.
hi gifts lost myresponse drat. copy to clipboard.dear you cannot help the whole world nor all your f riends,you did well to give her 40 dollars and she had a lot of nerve wanting all your check. so stick up for yourself like that all the time now and do just what you did,used common sense.she will have to ask for some from all her friends hope she will be okay but more to the point I want you to be oka y too.maybe she can find a better paying job and get out from under her difficulties too.
She can't get a job because she has no papers to work with.
@winterose (39932)
It would be very difficult to pay back that kind of money when you are only making 80 dollars a week.
@sid556 (31018)
Really?? In my most desperate moments, I can't imagine asking a friend of all people to borrow 700.00 when I was only pulling in 80.00 per week. I bring in over 300.00 per week and I can't imagine asking someone to borrow that kind of money. I would not even consider taking my friend's last 40.00. I usually have not much more than that to spend on food and gas so I actually wouldn't have even 40.00 to just lend to someone who has no real means of paying it back.
@trisha27 (3505)
Aw...yeah I hope she finds the money that she is looking for, but thank goodness that you paid your bills first.
@Jshean20 (14374)
Very kind of you to give someone money when you didn't have a lot set aside for yourself after paying your bills. Don't change your kindness but at the same time don't let people take advantage of you, as it's good to have emergency money set aside for yourself in case of emergency.
@cutepenguin (6458)
I sympathize with your friend's situation but lending her your entire paycheque would have put you in a stressful position - it's a good thing you had already paid your bills.