I might not get my cable installed.

the customer service rep put the wrong apartment number on the file. so the cable man is here with me and he can't hook up my cable because the last tenant has a bill in this address. so,I am on hold now waiting to see if they will remove the hold they have on this unit. I am not going to stress it if I cna't get it. I will just deal with the antenna and keep the window open for a few more days. I was so lookign forward to watching movies tonight. would this tick you off?
@sid556 (31018)
The principal of it would tick me off quite a lot actually. Why should you be denied cable because of a former tenant and a mistake the customer service rep made? Hopefully for your sake, they will get it sorted out really quickly. As for going without cable, I'd be ok but my family probably would not be. Now that summer is over and the older grandkids are not here regularly, I was considering just doing without it. If I want to see a movie, I just rent a dvd. Well my daughters are in and out of here and like the tv and there are school vacations so I decided to keep at least the basic cable.
@Jshean20 (14374)
To be honest it would probably tick me off, but knowing what it's like to work in a call centre I wouldn't take it out on the person who answers the call in the call centre. I'm sure there are ways of working around the fact that someone else in your unit owed money on their bill, a business wouldn't be very successful if they have no way of working around that. I hope it worked out for you in the end.
Yes it would, since the bill was not my fault. :( Plus, it sucks to be inconvenienced for someone else's outstanding balances. :( That's just plain wrong. Plus, I'm sure you were super looking forward to watching movies; being foiled by no fault of your own certainly is a killer. :(
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Of course if I had something I wanted to watch. Right now though during the summer there is not much on TV to watch. I'm usually watching the ID channel which shows all the crazy people in this world who resort to killing others. Such as, Deadly Women, Lies and Alibi, Snapped, and a bunch more that I can't recall the names of at this time. I would just rent movies if I didn't have cable. We rent them here 3 for $5.35. Its a great buy and we usually wait for the movie to come out on DVD then go to the theatre and deal with rude people and the cold A/C.
The last sentence of this is a yes or no question so it might get your discussion deleted :( I learned that the hard way. You'd think because the rest of the discussion is good it doesnt matter but when my discussions would get deleted I would get frustrated and so I would put why or why not on the end of that sentence. Anyway that really sucks that just because the previous renter before you didnt pay their bill you have to wait for them to sort things out until you can get your cable hooked up. Hopefully they resolve it soon because that is very frustrating for you to have to wait and its not your fault.
@sedel1027 (17868)
That would really tick me off. They should have said there was a problem when you called! At least they can not hold you accountable for someone elses bill.
@natliegleb (5187)
there might be some cable error or fix inside it.try calling the cable guy and give him some money to fix it
@natliegleb (5187)
@cotruelove (1038)
• Denver, Colorado
The good news is you can legally get cable and they cannot hold you responsible for someone's bill. What needs to happen, you need to call them after the holiday, and tell them they can check with the apartment owner or manager and they can confirm you are a NEW resident with no connection to the old one. If they give you an argument and try to get you to pay the bill, tell them your attorney will love to sue them. You may have to talk to a supervisor or even show them a copy of the rental agreement you signed. But you will have the cable in no time at all I'm sure. My hubby is an ex-satellite installer and he was also with a major telephone company and had these types of situations arise. He knows they cannot deny you service when it isn't your responsibility. He personally has had to threaten a lawsuit and talk with a supervisor within a phone company over a similar situation. So far, he always got his way and he was always able to install satellite or phone service to people who were on a new tenant agreement regardless of what a prior tenant did. Just be patient until you can talk to them and get it straightened out. It will all work out just fine. The only time it doesn't is when the cable is master controlled by the apartment complex and they didn't pay the bill. Not many apartments do it that way anymore unless they have had so many people walk out on their cable bills that the cable company demands the complex become a master controller to stop them loosing money. I doubt seriously you are in that position.
I am sorry. I know how frustrating it is to move because we had nothing but problems yesterday. The power was supposed to be on at 8:30AM and it was not turned on until 2:30PM. This had really upset us because we now we have to wait until next week for the Internet and Randy and I have school online. The DirectTV guy is coming back today (he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart) to set us up evne though he is moving himself. The gas man did not show up until 6:30PM. I do not see why the cable company would not install your cable because the previous tenants were irresponsible. If you were the one behind I could understand, but since you were not behind then they should have installed it.
@namiya (1599)
it's really annoying looking forward to enjoy something but could not be possible due to someone's fault. anyway, maybe you could also be thankful to the customer service for the chance of getting to bed earlier to get a good sleep and thus be feeling great tomorrow .
@alberello (4756)
Well, I must say I get to watch TV with the antenna of the window, in the era of digital TV, seems to have taken a step back in the stone age! Ok, it's not your fault, I'm just kidding! However, even in Italy sometimes things happen like, why do we always have to intervene technicians to fix things that do not go to the right direction. Do you think that in Italy, the digital terrestrial entered into force only last November 2011. I'm sure that you USA, you have already experienced for several years! Is not it?
I hope they take the hold off since the other tenant moved out without paying the bill. I am sure the collection department can find them through social security numbers and resend the bill directly to them once they reestablish themselves elsewhere. It would be annoying to have to wait because of someone else's reluctance to pay their bills.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well that sucks....I know you were lookinng forward to getting into some movies today... I am sure they have to recoginize the error and come back at a later date to reconnect you....
@bjc66bjc (6745)
yes she could and I am sure she has been doing that, but I must say that your boredom actvity is a little unconventional to most others, but as long as you enjoy yourself....more power to you....
@winterose (39931)
I had the same trouble the last move, not this move, only it was the electricity, apparently the last tenants never paid it and they were about to cut the electricity off when I moved in. Only they called the landlord who confirmed I was a new tenant and it was kept on and I moved in.
I think that to not allow you to get cable in your unit on account of the fact that the person that lived in there didn't pay their bill. It is clear to me that you are not the same person that lived in there before, besides that, you are someone that is willing to pay for their service and if they won't install it when they told you that they would be installing it, then there is a good chance that they could lose a customer. You know, cable isn't the only choice that you have for television these days, so they need to be careful when dealing with a new customer.
I would not be ticked off, in that it would get me frustrated, but I would be ticked off in a way that would make me ACT ON IT, and would make them PAY FOR THEIR DAMN MISTAKE!! I think it's crazy that you have to suffer because of their mistake. I will not tolerate things like that.
@Tina30219 (27181)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope they get this fixed so you can get your cable. I think it would tick me off also people need to learn to do their job right so other people do not have to pay for their mistakes.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
Yes maybe but I hope they will see that your the new tenant now and you are in new account. Sometimes it is irritated when the old tenant did not pay their obligation and then the next one will be suffer.