I feel bad for those with less than I have...

I live on the lowest income of most people around me. I have more than they have because I am loved. They are filled with all these material things and that is what matters most to them. I could care less about any of those things. having the best cell phone is all I hear about. I have the lowest brand of phone and the cheapest one in the store. $19 to be exact. I can't do anything but talk and text. I have a beautiful child who struggles with her selfestem and she can't even see that I have more than her. I see people telling me all about how much thier handbag costs or the latest pair of shoes. I would not give up the little I have for anything they have ever. I am richer than most of the peopel around me and I amthe one who is poor in money. lol what do you think about the people around you.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Some people are born into a way of spending and they can't stop it. They feel that if they have the latest and greatest thing that that is what makes them truly happy and makes their friends come around. I was raised in hand me downs and while I do go out and buy some of the latest gadgets, it's things I know I don't need and I can give up.
I was raised in hand me downs and so I love them all now. I can't wait to go get my new clothes this month.
I'm rich in faith and love. Everyone has status symbols, whether it's rings, bracelets, high dollar fashions and so forth. I have what I have and nothing else. My iPhone is for Internet, radio and tv and to receive a call now and then. It's not a status symbol. It's that if the Internet gets cut off I still have Internet.
hi pointlessQuestons also you are rich in love from all of us here who are our mylot friends so never forget you are loved here on mylot too,. hugs from hatley ,
I feel that live too Aunt Hatley. You all are a big part of my life.
hi gifts when my son comes to see me I am always so happy and I think of all those here whose relatives just simply pass them bye and I know how I am loved and love,. My friend Nelda is also my life line from the old days in Tustin. I love my friends and they seem to love me too,. Like you i am rich in being loved but poor in money and make do with what I have and am content and happy too.I cannot splurge on brand names so shop walmart and target and i am still happy anyway.to be loved is to be rich with the things money can never buy.
I feel it is just wonderful that your son is so sweet to you. it is really sad when you raise children and give them your all and they leave you when you need them the most. I am going to see to it this does not happen to my mother ever. take it easy enjoy the holiday.
@winterose (39918)
I don't compare myself to other people, that is just silly. I am who I am and I have what I have and that is it. I am not the poorest person that I know, welfare people get less than what I get, but I can do wonders to make a dollar stretch.
@sid556 (31005)
There is so much more to life than material things. I have such a cheap phone and I hardly ever ever use it. It's just a tracfone. I probably pay 20.00 every 3 or 4 months for it. All my stuff is 2nd hand and I've re-done my furniture making it very unique and cool and I paid nothing or next to nothing for it. As long as I can put food on the table and pay my rent and bills and put gas in the car so I can get to work then I'm fine. I don't spend my money on purses and jewelry and expensive clothes or anything just to impress people who really don't get impressed by what others have. they just want to do as good or better. I never did and won't. Honestly, if it were just me and I didn't have my 4 girls and 3 grandkids in and out of here...I'd not spend much at all. I keep cable for them guys. I buy food so that when they are here they have what they like. I could live off from vege sandwiches and PB& J and soups. When I need clothes, I go to the thrift store. If I need shoes or underwear, well, I do buy those brand new but I look for sales and they are not the latest trend.
Sometime i envy those whom I see has everything beauty, wealth, good job and everything a man dream to have. But If i see someone who is less fortunate than I have I really feel bad and I can say to myself, Thank you Lord for giving me what I have now. And please have pity also to my less fortunate brothers. sisters who needs your mercy now. Lord give me the grace of compassion, perseverance and contentment.
@verolop29 (1096)
I guess that's how some people are. Some even want to best the other bcuz they think they can be better or feel sexy so they can get the girl/boy. It's crazy and I am like u in some ways but not all. I live as simply as I can but it's not easy and I do try so that's all that matters.
That's the reality of life. Most people are so materialistic, they only care about the things they have/want. Almost forgetting humanity and kindness to others. They save not to strengthen their future but to buy stuffs that they can brag among their friends. Instead of planning for their future, they buy things which they can even live without. Many of us nowadays are very luxurious, that's reality.
@Jshean20 (14367)
This is a beautiful outlook and I love it, good for you for living with this kind of attitude. You know what though? A lot of these people bragging about the things they have suffer from huge debts, I bet they don't share this part with the people they are bragging to. I work in a call centre involving a cell phone company and I can tell you that these people buying the phones cannot usually afford it and are always late on their bills.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I feel exactly how you do. Material stuff does not matter to me at all. I have what I have because I worked hard all my life. I only buy when absolutely necessary. My hubby is always saying to me don't you need clothes or something. I say "no I'm doing just find with what I have." I don't even have a cell phone because I couldn't deal with the pain that I would get in my head. So I gave that up to have a house phone paying only 37 dollars a month. I never was into the diamonds and furs lifestyle. I tell my hubby all the time even if we were to win the lottery not much would change in my life except maybe traveling and to help the family out. People who live by what they have are ignorant to me because they can't take it with them when they die. Its just things and it doesn't mean anything in the bigger picture of life.
@cutepenguin (6457)
Some of the people I work for have a lot of money. They own businesses, etc. But interestingly enough, I think they are actually just as happy as I am. They enjoy their time with their family and enjoy nice vacations. It might be more stressful having their jobs - my job is not very stressful - but it is probably less stressful to have a lot of money, so it kind of evens out. This isn't true of all people in their income brackets - lots of their acquaintances have troubles - but the ones I know well have happy lives. I think it's because they think family and friends are more important than material goods.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I feel filthy rich in love and and respect for family and from others..My good life does not consist of having much money or lots of expensive things...but I am so bless to have my health even tho it not so great sometimes...I am still blessed because I am still here and there are always times where we could be doing a lot worst...a lot of people are doing a lot worst than me...I think that living high on the hog is just a state of mind... There are a lot of people with "steak minds and hotdog pocket".
I can proudly say that I am happy with whatever I have got. The most important thing in my life is love and respect that I get from people. I also do not feel bad about not having many things that other people around me have. In fact, the best way to live is to accept what we have and what we can achieve to our capacity.
@carolscash (9500)
People with money and used to having money can't understand that there is more to life than that. I don't want to be rich, but I am tired of the struggle to pay bills and have any money left for anything. I am tired of working two jobs and still not making ends meet and always feeling that there is something that we need that we can't buy.
Feeling poor or rich is relative in some ways. Once i felt very depressed about my poverty,an elder person persuaded me out of such feeling.He said:" A man ahead rides a horse while i ride an ox,but when i turn back,seeing another man pulling a cart full of load." Many Joneses are living arround us but it is not necessary to keep up with them.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I agree you are much better of than those around you. Too many people like "things" and do not value the things that do not cost anything.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I grew up on an average family. We were sent to the best schools in the country. All the things that we needed were provided by my parents. But my siblings and I never grew up to be an extravagant spender. We know when to buy things and how much we should be spending. I married a man who belongs to a family that is far richer than mine. Although they are rich, they like to have a low profile about their status. My sister in law love to splurge with expensive things. They have the means coz their husbands can provide for all their whims. My husband is just simple. He doesn't mind wearing a shirt with a hole on it. He is exactly the opposite of his sisters. Sometimes, I do pity my kids coz when they are with their cousins, they see that their cousins have the latest gadgets and toys. I cry inside sometimes coz I also want to give the best to my kids. But I live a life that is less than the average. I try to give them things if I have extra money. But what i instill in their young minds is for them to study real hard so that when they grow up and finish school, they will be able to find a good paying job that can allow them to buy things that they want.
Happiness is relative. Whether one is rich or poor it all depends on how best one makes of what one has. I would not like to compare myself to anyone as there is no indication that can tell us how happy or miserable one is.
@echoforever (5192)
I was a little surprised from this title and it reminded me of a discussion i answered earlier about reading the full discussion. I am glad I did for this one. I am similar to you with how I feel. I do not need a lot to feel well about myself. In fact I have very little and I am happy. I do not have many people around to compare with and I like that too because I don't need to compare my material things with someone else. That is not what I base my life around and I wish to never do so. I see what you mean with your statement though that they are the one's with less because they can not be happy without the best material things. We are lucky not to have this mentality , actually.