Family should always stick together..

My mother and myself are the two in the family who do for everyone else. without us we don't know how the rest of the familywould even come together. My mother's hosuse is where everyone goes to spend time. then I moved back and we are always sharing time at my house as well. I am the only child who sends my brother money in prison and I think it is a shame. I am the poor one in the family. then comes my mother. If I cna only send $20 they are happy with that. if my mother were to die the family would fall apart. it will be me to be the one who gets the family together. Who is the glue in your family?
My mother was the glue that held us together. Now I think it is a combined effort of our family thar holds us together. I wouldn't worry too much about sending your brother money in prison. From things you've said I wouldn't want him asking me for anything. he hade his choices in life to get him where he is. You should take care of you.
That is great and I hope it brings constant joy to your life.
@jenny1015 (13391)
With my own family, I think I am the one that puts us together. Coz, my husband was brought up differently. Although he does not come from a broken family, he just grew up to be a little different from how I was brought up. So everything that I learned when I was still young, I try to do it to my own family, too. I try to give my kids a "normal" life.
That is so nie of you and your family will be happy form it. I hope you always have long laughs with your loved ones.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
We were raised to be independent, and well what I have to say is odd. My grandfather is the glue in that he will make sure we have a roof over our head, but my grandmother is what makes it stick because she will lend money, buy us things we want (if she has the money) and even though she's difficult to be around she's the one who will argue with whomever it is that is bothering us in the family..
That is like my mother she will fight with anyone who bothers one of her kids. it is hard to get on her good side after that.
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
In our country, we have this what we call "close family ties" where the children, even they get married already would see to it that they live close to their parents. Personally, I am living in a place separate form my mother but just a short distance (an hour of travel)but we always see to it that we visit her from time to time. My sister is the one living close to her because her job is just within the area.
@deodavid (4150)
Hi there aries, Well that is really nice i think that family should really do what they can to communicate and be with each other as much as possible right, anyway thanks for sharing this i hope i can try to be more like your sister towards your mother. Take care.
That is why I am glad I came back home and live walking distance from my mother and siblings. it really makes home feel better.
@deodavid (4150)
Hi there Gifts, Well i think that my step mom is the glue in the family she makes sure that every is there and that everybody can communicate with each other from my dad that is in Saudi arabia and my sister here in the Philippines and her in the US I think if something was to happen to her it would be really hard for us but she is young and we all are i just pray that we all be healthy and that we all keep safe.
That is just wonderful and I would hope things just got better for all of you as well. I know family means a lot to me and my family. have a great weekend.
@sedel1027 (17868)
My grandmother was like your mother. She was the "glue". However, when she passed, my Mom sort of stepped up into that. Her and my aunt have certain holidays they hosts. The sad thing is, with how everyone lives are if my Mom passed, I would have very little contact with my brother. I talk to my Aunt and Uncle all the time, but not my brother. Not sure why. We are just 2 years apart. We always got along growing up. Every time he needed me I was there. I even flew home once when he was going through a rough time. We just aren't that close.
My mother always said she wanted her six kids to be very close. so far me and my sister and younger brother are very close.
@jricky1 (6809)
I totally think this is right. Family should stick together and we feel close each other. I love this feeling and i'm the only one child in my family so actually i have a lot responsibitiy to take in life.lol,maybe i'm really the glue to stick this unit together.
That is great for you to also be the glue for your family. I like itlike it is with my mother and her kids. we are so surrounded with love and we all live near each other.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i believe on that and that is all i wanted to my family,i wanted that my family always stick together,that is why when the day of my mother's birthday i have sent money for the fare of my sister to be here in the city for the birthday of my mother and i am happy because it happened.
@winterose (39929)
the glue was my grandmother and she has passed away. I felt like an outcast with no family for years, but then things started to gel again and I have two families, my mother on one side and my aunt who is my godmother on the other side.
I'm proud to be a Filipino because of our Filipino values, respect of parents & siblings. Even if their children have families of their own. Parents make sure that they are all fine in upbringing their children as they did, and sometimes they make extension of their house to let them stay and provide them whatever is their needs.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Family is one of the most important blessings in my life.. There is nothing like family that stick together and does not alway come up with a lot of drama... they can sometimes be your worst enemy but they can also be your best alliance.
@jaiho2009 (39034)
Everyone is already married in our family (I mean, me and my siblings) We're all living separate from our parents. But yearly we always got the chance to meet each other and stayed in our parents house. Our mom is living/working abroad- so whenever she visit our country for a vacation- that's the time that we're all together again. There are times that me and my kids spend X-mas and New year with my siblings when we have extra budget for the finances- as I live far from my siblings and our hometown where all my 3 siblings are settled just near our parents place.
Hmmmm, I'm trying to think on this one. I guess there is no "glue" - we all kind of have a part in that. If there is an immediate family gathering, then we go to my parents' house. My mom has always done stuff for us as a mom would do - so perhaps she is the main "glue" element of the family. My dad isn't really the glue - he's more like the glue bottle cap - ha ha - as he has provided for our family all these years and his hard work is how he and my mom can live the life that they do now. My sister likes to be the one to plan our family gatherings at my parents' house - so I suppose she is the physical glue. And I have their only grandkids/niece/nephew . . . we try to have the kids have family experiences since we didn't have very much of them when we were growing up.
@natliegleb (5186)
for sure all families need to be sticking together always till the very end,and make sure everyone lives happily ever after with nice bonding,i always try to be the glue