What would you think about this..

I no longer have a car and I have the spare key to my man's car. he told me I don't need to ask for the car I can just go and come as I like. but,I always ask for the car because it is just me and I feel better about it.the other day I asked to go take her something and he said again sharon you don't have to ask for the car. then another night she had a problem and called me to go pick her up. he jumped up saying hell no she does not put gas in my car. and a few other words i forgot. I called her back and said take a cab and she did and all was fine. Now,I don't plan to take the car or ask for it no time soon. One thing with me is I can walk to where i am going with no problem. My daughter just called for me to pick her up and i told her I will not even ask for the car. so she is fine. but,the thing is she gassed up the car a few times when he had no money for gas. he forgets all that girl does. I live 4 blocks from this man and he does not want me walking. so,he will pick me up and take me where I need to go. from now on I will save him gas by not calling him to let him know I am leaving. that is a good plan..
@bjc66bjc (6746)
Well it seems as if you have made up your mind about what you are going to do in the future...But if he told you that you need not ask him for the car , then why do you...all you need to do is just to let him know that you will have the car for a while..to make sure he will not plan to use it...
I always ask for the car because he never really made me feel like I would not need to ask. he once said I could take the car as long s i was not driving people around. the only people I drove around in my car was my mother and kay. so that is why I alwasy asked.
@jenny1015 (13398)
That would be the best way to do it....to avoid any heated arguments in the future.
That will not stop us from arguing at all. if I don't call him to pick me up he will lose his top. lol
hi Sharon Adrian loves you and even when he was mad about Kaykay its still because he does love you and h as seen the problems you have had with her.,so just give him a bit of leeway, guys vent their tempers whereas we often keep tight control,. I would not be afraid to use his car just not about Kaykay I guess,Walking is good for your losing weight too if you need to lose anymore that is,.I think Adrian just loses it at times, anyway peace and have a wonderful labor d ay weekend now,. I am so happy as my son came to see m e and we had a great visit too.Let Adrian pamper you a bit hugs
He will be upset because I am not going out tomorrow. I am staying right here. you have a great time tomorrow as well.
@alberello (4758)
Well, you see, I am also opposed to the use of the car. There are positive aspects such as comfort, ok, but there are too many negative aspects on use of private transport. One of these, the cost of gasoline (very high here in Italy). Secondly the problem of parking. I live in the city and this is not to be underestimated. Then the risk of getting a hefty fine for any reason. Basically I say, long distances use the public transport (bus). For small sections, moving on foot.
I thought I was the only one thinking about gas prices. It takes maintenance to keep a car going...gas,oil,tires,etc. Another question that came to my mind is has he ever asked you to put gas in? I don't know the situation, but I think there should be a talk about what he expects if she uses the car. Maybe he had a bad day, I would talk to him about it.
@sid556 (31029)
I have to say that I would just avoid asking him for rides or borrowing his car unless it is a real emergency. He seems to be one of those people that likes to do favors and all but he stores them up and uses them as weapons later on. I really think that when people do this, it is an ego thing...makes them feel important and better than you somehow. This is a perfect example of just why I try to be as independent as possible. Showing him that you can do just fine without his help will drive him nuts but ya know what? he brought that on.
@bunnybon7 (27442)
• Holiday, Florida
obviously he is still jealous of your daughter. dont get mad at me but i had a step dad like that and come to find out, he wanted something more from me and my mom would never admit it. im hoping Adrian is not that way and is just jealous. but keep an eye out because men are often sneaky like that.
@trisha27 (3506)
I could understand where you are coming from, when you want to ask for the car especially to make sure that he doesn't need to use it for that day or whatever. I'm the same way even now with my husband even though it is now both our car and he's like you don't need to ask me for the car just say you're going to use the car and that's that. . I think that you made the right choice though in the end just to avoid any kind of confrontation.
Sounds like a plan! It seems like you kind of have to walk on eggshells regarding taking his car - it's hard to predict how he's going to react (sometimes he's good with it and sometimes he's not). Me personally, if that's the case, I'd rather not deal with his car either. If you can walk, and your daughter can take a cab just fine - then all is good.
I am so happy that I have my own car, and that it's in good condition. My mom and I each have our own car, and we do ask to borrow each others cars if we need to, but it's never really a major issue. We live in California, and as most of you know, we have to have cars because we usually work far from where we live, and our friends and family members usually live in different cities from where we live. You must live in an area where you don't need cars very much if you can easily walk to where you need to go.
@jbb316 (1759)
I agree that is the best way to do it for now to avoid any conflict but at the same time he should understand she is your child, she is a part if you. It's a package deal whether she is grown or now & be shod respect that & respect her too